Community Lead (Hybrid)
14 days ago
📍UK – Travel to Manchester, Wakefield & Nottingham required
Team17 is a melting pot of creativity, offering the opportunity to work across an eclectic portfolio of titles in a genre and platform agnostic environment. We offer a blend of world class development talent, industry expertise, and creative and inventive thinking.
We are currently recruiting for someone to head up the Community Management team, offering leadership for a department managing a diverse and exciting line up of games both releasing in 2023 and beyond – but also our successful and thriving back catalogue loved by so many.
What You Will be Working On as a Community Lead
This position will provide decisive, informed and careful leadership to the team we have in place, thinking strategically, creatively and tactically around how to engage and grow communities on specific platforms such as Discord, mainstream socials and beyond. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of managing big and small communities in the gaming space, showing commercial awareness and wider marketing understanding, acting as an expert in their own discipline whilst leaning on and helping others.
- Manage the community team, including training and development of the team to continuously improve capability
- Oversee community plans for all our titles, ensuring strategic and creative excellence
- Create a structure for the team with KPIs, concrete expectations and outputs, managing the process and collaboration efforts between departments to deliver plans for games that are stronger than the sum of their parts
- Working closely with the related disciplines: brand marketing, PR, events, Influencer Relations, Creative Services, Sales, etc.
- Putting together plans for continuous assessment and analysis of metrics to optimise engagement
- Monitoring and managing processes for the team, including research documents and content plans, ensuring their timely delivery
- Act as a conduit between the wider business and Community team to provide feedback on strategic decisions which will inform Community activities over the coming months
- Work as a liaison with external partners, ensuring strong relationships are built and maintained Planning and managing a schedule of content that nurtures and grows Team17’s community across our owned channels
- Day-to-day management across Team17 branded channels
- Offer support and mentorship to the Community Team and help advance their understanding of Community management
- Act as ambassador to our titles internally and online in our communities, quickly developing an in-depth understanding of all Team17 products
What You'll Need
- A strong understanding and experience of Team17 games and their audiences
- Clear experience in a videogame or interactive entertainment company working directly on communications strategy
- An unquenchable passion for video games, their development, with an expert understanding of the current video games industry
- Previous experience leading a team of Community/Social Media Managers, developing inventive and meaningful campaign strategies
- Excellent social skills, including content creation to help support the upskilling of junior team members
- Strong understanding of the social media landscape, monitoring up and coming platforms and optimising content to reach our audiences
- Understands best practises for each platform
- Able to feedback on content and provide guidance on how to optimise for reach
- Ability to track, measure and feedback on social analytics, quickly adapt plans or approaches to ensure campaigns deliver the best results possible, and identify key learnings for the future
- Must have the ability to think on their feet and work under their own initiative with a can-do, solution focused attitude
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to build effective, collaborative relationships with a variety of stakeholder
What's In It For You?
- Annual Bonus, pension matched up to 8%, Share Save Scheme and £1000 of free shares for all Teamsters!
- Dedicated learning time - In addition to organised learning and conferences, you will have 6 days per year for self-directed learning.
- BUPA private medical insurance including cover for pre-existing conditions and BUPA Dental
- Work Anywhere! From home, via one of our 3 offices or a combination of the two.
- Game Console loans of up to £500, Game Keys, free use of arcade games, pool tables, Gaming competitions. Oh and look out for a range of treats sent to your home throughout the year celebrating Life at Team 17 and our successes!
The Interview Process
The interview process for the Community Lead role is made up of 3 stages:
- Stage 1 (up to 45 minutes) – Initial introductory call with Nat Chubin, Global Marketing Director, who is the line manager for this role.
- Stage 2 (3 x 30 minutes calls) – For the final stage you’ll meet with some key stakeholders from different disciplines within Publishing who you’d be working with day to day. The topics of each interview will be: Emotional Intelligence, Creativity and Communication, Decision Making and Analytics.
- Stage 3 (45 minutes) - A final meeting with our CEO and Global Marketing Director
You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Team17 is an equal opportunities employer with a commitment to building a diverse workforce, representative of the world we live and game in! Accessibility is at the heart of our games and we reflect that in how we operate as a business. We can provide suitable adjustments for during our recruitment processes from audio support to extra time on assessments.
Should you require adjustments or flexible arrangements to interview, or take up a role at Team17, please let us know in the notes section of your application and be reassured that this will not affect your application.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.