Roswell, Georgia, United States
10 days ago
The Tripwire Community Director will lead the community team at Tripwire Interactive and is responsible for developing the community focused social strategy, social activation, developer communications and player feedback management for Tripwire studio channels as well as Tripwire game channels based upon the studio’s strategic goals. Reporting to the Marketing Director, this role will lead and grow a team of diverse community and customer service experts as well as partner with Tripwire’s various internal teams to create a world class and collaborative partnership that is focused on creating an authentic and direct relationship with players worldwide.
At Tripwire, we pride ourselves in our ability to move to the beat of our own drum. Our existence as an independent studio and publisher means we are able to develop games on a schedule that reassesses what has become the status quo in the industry as a whole. We’re located in Roswell, GA just north of Atlanta; where cost of living is relatively low and opportunities are high. So if you’re looking to work in an environment that changes the game in more ways than one, look no further than Tripwire.
*Note: During this unprecedented time, we are looking for individuals who are able and willing to work from home until all restrictions have been lifted in relation to COVID-19. At such time, the preference is for this to be an on site position. However, consideration will be given for candidates with exceptional experience and qualifications to work remotely.
As part of this role, the Director, will work closely with Marketing & PR as well as other internal teams at Tripwire and Tripwire Presents with a focus on delivering on engagement standards that:
- Spark the Community to passionately create and converse about our games across all corners of the internet in an authentic way
- Purposefully engage players in real-time and help develop an authentic and compelling creative voice for Tripwire and Tripwire Presents
- Consistently work towards creating trust with our players and igniting interest in our games through transparent and purposeful communications
We are looking for candidates with deep experience working with development studios, expertise in communications and management passion that can level up those that work for and beside them. A passion for gaming is a must with a deep level of empathy and understanding of the players who play them.
- Develop global strategies for engaging and developing long-term relationships with Tripwire and Tripwire Presents’ player communities.
- Oversee and manage a team of community and customer service experts that drive our communication with players on Tripwire studio and game channels.
- Handle highly sensitive Community or Player-related crisis communications with partners across the organization.
- Build and maintain a strong network of partners both in the studio and around the broader organization to help drive the community plans with Development and Marketing.
- Partner with Community and Marketing teammates to ensure community social and development programs are aligned with the global brand and activation plans.
- Partner with the development team on research and insights from the community that help inform key features and game development decisions.
- Work with Marketing to develop and drive Tripwire Community streaming efforts
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications + Requirements
- Passion for video games and experience playing Tripwire produced and published titles
- 8+ years experience working in online communities, social media, journalism, online marketing, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of team management experience in global, cross-functional environments.
- Ability to handle and triage highly visible and time sensitive crisis communication situations and work as an effective partner across multiple stakeholders.
- Knowledge of game development pipelines and related tools = extremely beneficial
- Proficient in writing, grammar, and content-creation abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- Imaginative thinker with the ability to present new ideas effectively, to wide audiences.
- Conscientious and highly motivated team player.
- Adaptable and able to handle multiple tasks and priorities.
- Motivated to learn new things about players and driven to improve their experience.
- Ability to objectively interpret player feedback and make actionable recommendations to the development and marketing teams
- Solid understanding of Live Service operations and Development.
- A "roll up your sleeves" mindset to get any job done
- Profit Share
- Medical, Dental, & Vision 100% of premiums for the family covered by Tripwire
- Up to 35 days of PTO
- 16 paid Holidays
- Short Term Disability & Long Term Disability
- 401k Match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Hours
- Employee & Family Team Building Events
- Volunteer Days