18 days ago
At Rovio you will get to work with multiple groundbreaking IP’s including one of the most famous game IP’s in the world: Angry Birds! We craft joy with player-focused gaming experiences that last for decades. In order to do that, we know that people need to bring their own joy to what we do. That’s why we value work-life balance, say no to crunch culture, and welcome people from all walks of life to join the flock. Today, we are a proud team of 500+ caring and talented professionals representing over 50 different nations.
We trust our teams to work autonomously by providing them the right tools and level of responsibility. We believe in our teams to remain creative and to keep learning – as well as ensuring everyone has opportunities for personal growth.
You’ll be part of the Community Management craft, which takes care of building, growing, and maintaining a community around our games. A Community Developer takes great care in crafting long-term strategies to ensure the success of the game, and the health of the community, while also using your expertise to influence the evolution of the Community Craft.
We’re seeking a Community Developer to help us build bridges between our players and the game teams. You’ll have the chance to work on an unannounced project and build the community strategy from the ground up!
You’ll be an integral part of the game team, deeply rooted in the development process, and will act as the voice of the player. You’ll bring actionable feedback to the game team to improve the overall player experience.
You will have impact and fun at work by doing:
- Developing Community Strategies, content calendars, and campaigns that support the launch and live operations for a cross-platform game within the SEGA portfolio.
- Collaborate with the cross-functional marketing teams, and external partners to create engaging content, aimed to inform, excite, and engage our players, with the goal of increasing long-term retention and player sentiment.
- Work closely with the Player Support team to establish guidelines, policies, and best practices to support the community. Create reporting procedures to ensure player feedback can be provided to the game team, with suggestions on short and long-term solutions.
- Create and own all player-facing communication. This includes day-to-day, crisis communications and FAQ creation.
- Lead at least one Community Manager; Provide mentorship, and guidance where needed. Assist the CM in the creation and evolution of a Creator Program.
- Build strong relationships with players and content creators.
- Collaborate with internal and external teams as needed.
Experience and skills we are looking for:
- Outstanding written and spoken communication skills in English, along with the capability to generate high-quality documentation for both internal and external audiences
- Experience and familiarity with social media platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter/X, Discord, YouTube and Twitch
- Excellent organisational and coordination skills. You have a passion for creating strategies in the realms of social media, influencers, and community planning
- Comfortable live-streaming or recording content, as on-camera talent
It would be nice if you also have the following:
- Supervisory experience or extensive mentorship experience
- Previous involvement in or the successful launch of a large-scale, multi-platform game
- First meeting: A Talent Acquisition Partner will reach out for a quick chat to understand who you are and what your experience has been. This is also an opportunity for you to learn about Rovio and this role.
- Second round: You will meet the hiring manager. The aim is for us to understand you as a potential Community Developer, what your experience has been, and what motivates you.
- Test task: we will ask you to work on an exercise to dive deeper into your community development skills.
- Test review interview: We will look deeper at your exercise and discuss the solution, with the aim to also discuss who we are as a team.
- Third round: You will be invited to meet the game lead and team member(s) and present your findings. Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions and where we can help each other develop.
We welcome applicants to use the name they want to be addressed by in the application form, regardless of whether it is their legal name.
At Rovio, we are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities or special needs in our working environment and job application procedures. We make all reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities or who otherwise need support to thrive in the workplace. We are committed to continuously improving workplace accessibility. If you have any questions before applying, please write to us at email@example.com .
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.