This job might no longer be available.
Community Developer, Engagement
4 months ago
Ubisoft’s Community Team is responsible for managing relationships and communications with our player communities around the world. We accomplish this task by creating multi-channel campaigns that produce engaging content to grow and retain our community members.
You will partner directly with our in-studio ComDevs, who sit with our development teams and have in-depth product knowledge that they use to create high-level engagement strategies. You will work with these ComDevs to refine their narratives into comprehensive global plans by adding Channel and Content Strategies, engagement tactics, KPIs, benchmarks, understanding our audiences, and resources in support of ComDev plans.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Advise on global community engagement plans and campaigns from strategy to execution by partnering with key stakeholders and connecting multiple plans into cohesive multi-channel stories
- Bring Community Engagement plans to the next level by integrating industry-leading campaign ideas and finding new opportunities for Ubisoft to celebrate its games with its fans
- Gather relevant content performance, audience breakdowns, and other community related data to proactively establish and continuously pursue KPIs and increased performance of activations and content
- Proactively surface results and KPI check ins to ensure we are tracking towards success and provide opportunities for our teams to optimize our strategies and tactics
- Partner with our cross functional teams (Brand, Production, PR, Product Marketing, Digital Marketing, etc.) in North America and Europe to drive collaboration and identify new opportunities
- Collaborate with other Community Development Engagement partners to lead as strategic experts and grow a shared knowledge pool
- Align the team’s priorities with the Ubisoft business, ensuring the level of support for each title matches up with the expectations set by department leadership
- Represent Ubisoft’s Community team to the broader Ubisoft business in cross-functional meetings and planning to ensure that our needs are always clear and heard by the business
- Collaborate with Community Developers on defining a Channel Strategy for each franchise in your portfolio, including which channels to be on, what to post, and the frequency to post on them
- Increase the Ubisoft Community Team's visibility by ensuring the that the tools we use are up to date - including social listening tools (Synthesio), content management tools (Sprinklr) and shared calendars (Smartsheets)
- Continuously optimize and learn about the features provided in our social listening and content management tool, and surface findings to the wider Community team
- Monitor content pipelines for the content relevant to your franchises. This includes making sure our briefs are complete, all the way to ensuring the post went live
- Coach our existing Community team on industry best practices for multi-channel storytelling
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- 3 – 4 years of experience as a Community Developer / Community Manager in the video game industry
- Experience creating and leading Community Engagement Strategies
- Proven success in developing and executing content strategies and activations
- Extensive experience in social media content and promotions, including live broadcasts
- Strong cross-functional skills with experience representing entire teams to company leadership
- Expertise in KPI tracking and upholding results accountability with partners
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry best practices with published examples
- Baseline knowledge of various business groups such as Brand Marketing, Content Marketing, CRM, Corporate Communications, and others
- Know how to think globally and strategically
- Know how to define and communicate priorities for your campaigns
- Entrepreneurial mindset and capacity to adapt with agility
- Successfully launched AAA titles with a key role within Community a plus
- Passion for videogames and drive to learn more about them a plus
- Experience with project management and project management tools a plus
- Experience with creative content tools (Photoshop, Premiere, etc.) a plus
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer HSA contribution (with enrollment in a HSA eligible medical plan)
- 401k match
- Paid vacation, holiday and wellness time
- Fitness, physical, and eSports challenge reimbursements
- Ginger emotional support app for you and your adult dependents with up to 10 sessions per year of video-based therapy and psychiatry services
- Rocket Lawyer online legal service
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Pawternity – paid time off to bond with a newly adopted pet
- Sabbatical leave available after 5 years of employment
- Access to all of the latest Ubisoft games for PC
- Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
We do not accept any unsolicited resumes submitted by staffing or placement agencies or recruiters
Ubisoft is composed of over 20,000 talented people located in 55+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Home to the North American Ubisoft headquarters since 1996, Ubisoft San Francisco opened its development studio in 2009 and since developed Rocksmith® and Rocksmith 2014, to teach millions of people how to play guitar and bass. With a song library of over 1,500 songs and 9 years of support the Rocksmith franchise helped millions of players around the world on their musical journey. In 2017, the studio released the critically acclaimed South Park™: The Fractured But Whole™, in collaboration with Trey Parker, Matt Stone, and South Park Digital Studios. The studio is currently working on two unannounced projects.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
With an expansive global distribution network, Ubisoft is also a company that stays in close contact with its local fans.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Join a great place to work and shape the future of games. Join us and create the unknown.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.