This job might no longer be available.
Community Coordinator, Tespa (Temp)
Irvine, CA, United States
4 months ago
This is hired via a third-party vendor Volt and is a paid, part-time remote contracting position with an expected 10-15 hours per week.
Tespa is the world's largest provider of college esports tournaments and campus support programs. We believe in a world where gaming is celebrated by people of all ages, recognized as a force for good, and a catalyst for bringing people together.
We’re looking for a talented community manager who is passionate about mentoring a subset of our 250+ collegiate gaming chapters in North America. The person in this role will work closely with our Tespa Community team to execute initiatives in campus event support, career development, community service, and club leadership. He or she will manage the day-to-day interactions with our chapter leaders and champion their needs to internal stakeholders.
Our ideal candidate is motivated, flexible, empathetic, and has an excellent understanding of the collegiate esports ecosystem.
- Investigate, ideate, and implement new practices and projects that benefit Tespa chapter leaders
- Coordinate consultations and mentorship sessions for Tespa chapter leaders
- Relay and uphold chapter program requirements, processes, benefits, and opportunities to Tespa chapter leaders
- Coordinate communication between HQ and the Tespa chapter network
- Collect and relay regular reports on Tespa chapter health, performance, and sentiment
- Assist in the execution of existing and new community program projects and initiatives
- Act as a public-facing representative of Tespa and communicate on behalf of the brand to club leaders, members, and students across multiple channels
- Currently enrolled in a college/university or recent new grad
- Exceptional understanding of Tespa programs, culture, and values
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Experience with Google Sheets and familiarity with Google Suite
- Self-motivation and initiative; impeccable time management and organization
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Be comfortable and effective working remote, independently and as a part of a team
- Willing to travel
- Tespa chapter leader, grassroots organizer, or equivalent experience
- Experience communicating with stakeholders from diverse backgrounds
- Experience with project management practices and software
- Customer service, recruiting, or sales background
- Proven track record of successful involvement in and passion for collegiate and/or grassroots gaming communities
- A passionate gamer across multiple franchises