Community Content Writer
10 days ago
As a Community Content Writer, you will be joining us in Vancouver, BC on our flagship title, Dauntless. The successful candidate will possess a quick wit, a firm grasp on internet social dynamics, and sharp communication skills. They will constantly seek to build trust and maintain an open communication loop between players and the studio.
Applicants must live within commuting distance to the Vancouver studio. This is a full-time, permanent position. This job is unsuitable for remote employees.
Submission Guidelines: As part of your application, we will require a portfolio of community content and copywriting samples.
- Own, create, and publish content for our website, email, social channels, earned activations, and in-game player messaging
- Partner with marketing and development teams to create new content to support our product and corporate goals
- Prescribe messaging ideas to the team, drive alignment around that messaging, and collaborate with creatives to bring that message to life
- Author attention grabbing headlines and compelling marketing copy
- Author clear and thorough player messaging
- Proofread and edit content for brand alignment and clarity
- Measure success through data to identify areas for improvement
- Confidently interface with the community directly
- Support our feedback process, from community to development team and from development team to community
- Identify and act on emerging opportunities and social trends
- 5+ years experience in social media or community management
- 3+ years experience writing and editing marketing copy
- 2+ years of hands on experience with CRM and SEO
- Proactively anticipate player needs and incorporate into messaging
- Excellent multitasking and prioritization
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience working with live-service gaming communities
- Experience working on AAA games
- Experience with SCRUM / agile based methodologies
- Experience working with localization
- Experience interfacing with press and media
- Familiar with HTML, markdown, and CMS
- Proficient with basic Adobe Photoshop tasks
Who we are:
Phoenix Labs is a multinational video game company with connection at its core. Dauntless, our flagship title, was the first-ever game to launch with full cross-play and cross-progression, and we’re already working on several new projects and ways to bring people together.
In our studios, the story is the same. Our teamwork, transparency, and optimism keep us focused on doing what matters, and we work hard to live up to our central promise that people are the ends, not the means.
Phoenix Labs is headquartered in Vancouver, BC, with studios in Montreal, Los Angeles, and San Mateo. We are backed by Garena, our long-time partner in Southeast Asia.
Learn more about our values->