This job might no longer be available.
Communications and Brand Manager
Vancouver, British Columbia
4 months ago
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
We are Frostbite
Frostbite is EA’s state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. We empower creators to shape the future of gaming and we achieve this by developing leading-edge engine features and world class tools. Our talented team from across the globe is dedicated to building innovative technology and working closely with EA studios to ship amazing games. Frostbite powers some of the most stunning games and player experiences in the industry.
We’re looking for a Communications & Brand Manager
We are looking for a self-motivated and talented Communications & Brand Manager to drive our internal and external communication and marketing efforts. In this position, you’ll partner directly with Frostbite leaders to develop and deliver marketing and communication strategies. You’ll be in charge of executing a wide range of efforts such as newsletters, release videos and large-scale internal events. You will also work closely EA PR to coordinate press releases and social media strategy for Frostbite. You will collaborate with Frostbite product management to create web content for our game developers across EA and within the game industry.
The ideal candidate is a fantastic, inspirational communicator, with a strong understanding of the importance of timing and expectation setting, who excels at creating compelling messages through multiple mediums, partnering with stakeholders, and ensuring that messaging is consistent with the overall strategy.
- Develop and implement effective communication strategies that build awareness of Frostbite’s features, roadmap, and ongoing community engagement efforts
- Manage the Frostbite brand, ensuring consistent and proper use, by devising and establishing guidelines, and processes for effective and efficient communication and branding efforts
- Establish and maintain relationships with EA’s game developer community as needed to champion Frostbite features, workflows, tools and community engagement efforts to EA studios and partners, and the broader content creation ecosystem.
- Lead and directly contribute to compelling internal communications efforts such as newsletters, release videos, web content, and large-scale community events
- Lead and directly contribute to compelling external communications efforts such as press releases, web content, social media campaigns, and participation in industry events and conferences.
- Partner with EA game studios and internal marketing departments to generate new ideas and opportunities for shared communications at public events related to video gaming and game development.
- Cultivate an environment of readiness and alertness, including proactive planning for upcoming opportunities and possible setbacks
- Coach the Frostbite team in effective internal and external communications
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations, or relevant field
- Significant, demonstrable experience in leading the development of communication strategies and actionable plans
- Excellent communication, presentation, and stakeholder engagement skills with demonstrated ability to generate support for creative ideas
- Strong knowledge of marketing communication practices and techniques
- Deadline-oriented, inquisitive, with great follow-up and reporting skills
- Collaborative, management maturity and enjoys working in a complex, iterative, and fast-paced environment
- A passion for video games and/or other types of software and tools that push the boundaries of cutting-edge game engine technology
- Occasional international travel to attend key events and lead marketing efforts.