This job might no longer be available.
2 months ago
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What we do
The Epic Communications team advances the company's narrative and represents Epic products and the company vision to external and internal audiences globally. We create positive relationships and engagement strategies with a wide range of audiences, including media, investors, influencers, and policymakers.
What you’ll do
Epic is looking for experienced PR and communications professionals to join the global communications team. We are hiring for a variety of different roles across product, gaming, consumer, technology and corporate communications . You’ll be tasked with telling Epic’s story to a broad audience from media, to consumers to investors and policymakers, partnering with internal and external partners to support work across the entire Epic business. You’ll work on virtual and live events, manage product announcements, brief media and external stakeholders, act as a company spokesperson, write messaging and help tell the company’s story all over the world. If you believe in what we’re building and want to be part of a growing communications team that’s on the frontlines of everything we do, we encourage you to apply and learn more about opportunities on the team.
On the communications team, you will
- Establish and maintain relationships with journalists and influencers, including consumer, entertainment, technology, policy and broadcast press on behalf of Epic Games.
- Use blogs, speeches, social media, and other digital strategies to tell stories that are important to the company and our products.
- Create global communications programs that support our portfolio of work, including Fortnite, Epic Games Store, Epic Games Publishing, and the Unreal Engine.
- Manage external PR agencies to deliver results.
- Work closely with the executive team to support high profile media engagements and events.
What we’re looking for
- We are looking for a range of professional experience, from people with a couple years of experience to leaders with 10+ years in communications.
- We prefer a mix of in-house and agency experience and someone with experience working with gaming, technology or entertainment brands.
- Someone keyed into the community of reporters and thought leaders and who enjoys developing new relationships.
- Someone who moves fast, is focused on delivering results, and has a track record of working well across a diverse group of internal and external partners.
- Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Remaining knowledge, skills, and abilities needed
- A proactive problem solver, with strong instincts for when to escalate issues.
- A team player who’s collaborative, supportive, and celebrates others’ wins.
- Communication skills, written and verbal, are stellar.
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.