11 days ago
Position Title: Communications Manager
Studio/Department: MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS
Location: San Diego, CA
Employee Type: Full Time
ABOUT OUR STUDIO
Our headquarters is where the gaming culture and Southern California lifestyle meet, creating a vibrant work environment that epitomizes our belief that every day should be well played. Daybreak San Diego is the home of Darkpaw Games, creators of the legendary EverQuest and EverQuest II games. This is also the home of Rogue Planet Games, developer of the award-winning MMOFPS PlanetSide 2.
The perks of working at Daybreak San Diego extend well beyond the beautiful weather in this prime location. Access to the local gym, as well as on-site fitness classes, game nights, and a strong appreciation for the local craft brew scene (we even turned one of our original game servers into an on-site kegerator) are just some of the ways that make working at Daybreak (San Diego) exciting! Working here is about being part of a community.
Find out more about our studio at www.daybreakgames.com.
The Communications Manager is responsible for media relations and social media management in the Marketing & Communications Department at Daybreak Games HQ reporting to the Director of Global Communications. This position will be responsible for:
- Media & Influencer Relations
- Develop and implement strategic media relations campaign strategy and messaging
- Work closely with internal cross-functional teams to provide PR support for all major game updates and launches
- Develop communications materials and ensure that it is consistent with the game’s brand, including media alerts, press releases and more
- Work with external agency on reaching out to organic influencers, media and beyond to arrange story placements on a national and global level
- Develop social media campaigns and strategy for Daybreak Games and its sub-studios’ social media channels
- Collaborate with the Community and Games teams to help maintain a robust social media calendar for the games to increase engagement
- Support Director of Global Communications on internal communications protocols and initiatives that will foster employee morale and establish external partner relationships
- Oversee and manage the Extra Life initiative and any other fundraising efforts with the community teams
- Write and deliver internal newsletter quarterly
- Disseminate industry news report daily
What craft expertise you’ll have:
- Tools/Technology /Knowledge
- Required: Demonstrated experience with all types of social media (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc…) and social media tools (Hootsuite, Agorapulse)
- Required: Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, Teams)
- Years of Experience, Education, and/or Certification…
- Required: 5+ years of experience leading PR and social media campaigns in the video game industry
- Required: A degree in journalism, communications, or equivalent
- Additionally, you should possess
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Strong and established relationships with key members of the gaming and mainstream media
- Experience managing internal team and third-party external agencies
- Familiarity with online games on PC, console and / or mobile
- In-depth knowledge of Daybreak games a strong plus
We invite you to get in the game with us and help us make exciting experiences!
About Daybreak San Diego and Rogue Planet Games:
Our headquarters is where gaming culture and the So Cal vibe collide; Creating a vibrant work environment that epitomizes our belief that every day should be well played. The perks of working at Daybreak San Diego extend well beyond the beautiful weather in this prime location. Board game nights, and a strong appreciation for the local craft brew scene ( we even turned one of our original game servers into an on-site kegerator ) are just some of the ways that working at Daybreak San Diego isn't just about having job; it's about being part of a community.
Exceptional employee benefits: 18 days PTO first year; Robust Medical, Dental, Vision insurance coverage for entire family; Company matched 401k vested immediately; Flex Spending Accounts, generous tuition reimbursements, ultra-creative environment, bring your dog to work with you.
*Daybreak Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to Diversity in the Workplace.*
*Employment Agencies: Please do not contact this job post with unsolicited services or offers*
Be Aware of Fraudulent Recruiting Activities
If you are interested in a career at Daybreak Games or any of our affiliated studios, we encourage you to apply directly on our website. Daybreak Game Company values the privacy and security of every applicant and urges all applicants to diligently protect their sensitive personal information from scams targeting job seekers. These scams can take many forms including fake employment applications, bogus interviews, and falsified offer letters.
Daybreak Game Company will never ask applicants to provide their social security numbers, date of birth, bank account information or other sensitive information in job applications. Additionally, our recruiters do not communicate with applicants through free e-mail accounts (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or through online messaging apps (WhatsApp, Hangouts). We will never ask applicants to provide payment during the hiring process or extend an offer without conducting a phone, live video or in-person interview. Please contact Daybreak Game Company’s People & Culture team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you encounter a recruiter or see a job opportunity that seems suspicious.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.