This job might no longer be available.
19 days ago
Job Title:Communications Manager
Activision Blizzard seeks a communications manager who is responsible for well-organized public communication and player engagement by leading community projects and communication.
This individual should be a forward thinker capable of taking projects from start to finish and have strong communication skills both for internal and external situations (including international). Additionally, this person is highly motivated, conscientious, and detail-oriented.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, detail-oriented individual who is familiar with Activision Blizzard games and has an in-depth understanding of the game industry and its community. The person should have rich experience in public communication, community development efforts, and social media.
- Develop and manage the communication strategy/community channel for various titles including not limited to COD and CODM.
- Create and manage community publishing (communication and content on owned media and social media) with a high level of quality and timeliness.
- Drive the franchise eSports communications to build excitement and engagement for eSports
- Manage and analyze the performance/progression of official communication platforms.
- Plan and execute community projects, including on/offline event/promotion.
- Develop innovative plans, programs, and strategies to increase reach of communication and community engagement.
- Collaborate with partners (fan-sites, influencer, and any others relevant) to promote our communication efforts.
- Collaborate with other teams/departments to develop and execute the franchise Integrated Marketing Communication plan.
- Collaborate with brand lead on pre-launch / seasonal GTM planning
- Provide editorial guidance and coaching to other community team members.
- Analyze and report the impact/result of communication and community promotion.
- Generate meaningful/constructive report on community sentiment and voice of the community.
- Draft and distribute media alerts / press releases to local press
- Plan and execute local press interviews with studio
- Manage sizeable marketing budget for all press & community activities
- Collaborate with APAC to execute corporate communications when required
- Build strong relationships within the team, HQ, and the relevant teams within the company and the industry, including press, influencers and agencies.
- Other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Over 5 years of experience in community, social media, public relations (PR) or other public communication-related fields
- Experience in planning and execution of Community/esports initiatives within Japan
- A passionate gamer and strong understanding/experience in any of FPS, MOBA/RTS, Trading Card games genre and eSports
- Strong understanding of current social media trends and game/entertainment community
- Exceptional writing skills and practical experience in writing/editing articles/posts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with external partners
- Good analytical and reporting skills and detail-oriented
- Self-motivated and ability to develop new initiatives as well as managing multiple tasks with little supervision
- Able to travel overseas as required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Moderate to Medium level of English skill
- Previous experience in game/entertainment/eSports industry
- Previous experience in online/viral/digital marketing or content related business
- Knowledge and/or network with current game community/influencers
- Video/Image contents design/editing skills