Vancouver, British Columbia
8 days ago
Blackbird Interactive is looking for a rock-star Communications Manager to join our team.
As Communications Manager you will oversee BBI’s external communications with our community. You will be responsible for liaising with development teams, publishers and other stakeholders to create content that promotes community engagement and growth across multiple projects and social channels. You will act as the voice of the community within the studio, and the voice of the studio within the community.
- Be a public face and ambassador for Blackbird Interactive.
- Liaising with stakeholders to organize communication through a variety of social channels.
- Growing and maintaining our engaged audience through a variety of social media channels
- Represent BBI at a variety of local community and online events.
- Advocating for issues that are important to the player community.
- Stay current in the ever-changing face of social media.
- Improve existing communication channels to maximize activity and engagement.
- Support recruiting and marketing efforts for our growing studio.
- Create strategic plans for growing the community and utilize KPIs to report on and adapt strategies over time.
- Passionate about games and gaming
- Experience working with influencers and other community content creators
- Able to work well without steady supervision or oversight.
- Knowledge of best practices for social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Reddit and Discord.
- Excellent communication skills (You'll need to talk to the public in a genuine and professional manner in both written and verbal forms)
Pluses - the following would be beneficial to the role
- 3+ years working with video gaming audiences.
- Experience working as a video game streamer on Twitch or other similar services.
- Knowledge of the competitive gaming scene.
- Experience with digital photography and cinematography and the creation of Dev Diaries
- Experience working Wordpress based websites
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite or other content creation tools
- A post secondary degree in a relevant field such as Communications, Marketing, or Video Game Development
At Blackbird, we're all about being true to our roots. We started small in our CEO's garage, and even though we're expanding, our desire is to stick to that foundation of creativity, community, and collaboration. Our team has proved that great ideas can come from any position in any discipline, so it's important to us to make sure every voice is heard.
Work/life balance is extremely important to us, and we've demonstrated that over the years by severely limiting over-time requirements. We want people to be happy about coming to work every day, and to that end we offer lots of opportunities for growth and development--whether it's lunch and learns, team events, or our generous vacation days, paid holiday closure and flexible schedules. We also try to provide every opportunity possible for our employees to spearhead R&D initiatives through our BlackOps program. In short, don't expect to feel like a cog in a machine working for BBI.
Must be eligible and available for Full Time & On-site work in Vancouver, BC.
Please send a cover letter with your resume and application. If applying for an artistic role, please provide a link to your portfolio and/or demo reel.
Blackbird Interactive is committed to diversity and building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. BBI does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.