Communications Manager - Spain & Italy
8 days ago
Job Title:Communications Manager - Spain & Italy
Job Title: Communications manager Spain and Italy
Reporting To: Director Territory Communications
Location: London, UK
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across Franchise product management, corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain.
Based in Soho, the cultural heart of London’s West End with a vast array of classic record shop and leading film companies, media offices and great restaurants. Regent’s Park is close enough for a lunchtime run, as are the delights of Piccadilly Circus and the shopping mecca of Oxford Street. It is conveniently walking distance from a number of London tube stations and mainline train stations.
To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
As a Communications Manager for Spain and Italy, your role is directly responsible for owning and delivering all Franchise and Corporate communication work within these territories.
As an experienced Communications Manager, you will thrive in an energetic team environment, will be highly organised and able to inspire and lead your team to achieve their goals.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for leading the planning and execution of the Company’s Comms initiatives for key Activision and Blizzard franchises in the local market.
- Collaborate with EMEA Comms & Influencer Management teams, work closely with the Territory Marketing Teams to ensure PR plans are well integrated into overall Marketing execution
- Generate and deliver creative ideas (working with local PR agency where necessary) with mainstream and specialist media which drive enhanced editorial content and coverage over and above the “basic” first look, preview, review features.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with the local press and with additional key media partners where relevant to the products.
- Respond in a timely fashion to incoming queries from media (when required).
- Coordinate directly with streamers, creators, celebrity ambassadors and business managers or agents to build and execute key influencer high-impact programs.
- Provide strategic input to launch, momentum and community relations. Help craft our narrative message, including talking points, messaging.
- Support tours, live event executions, trade show activations, partner promotions and competitions as well as other opportunities to share our games to connect with Influencers and Media.
- Provide inputs for reporting across streaming networks, creator platforms, specialist and mainstream media; including analyzing key performance data, industry trends and emerging opportunities.
- Manage PR agencies to support internal teams. Distribute assets and information on products.
- Collaborate with Communications Director to support any Corporate initiatives or issues, in territory
- Responsible for local PR budget (TBD).
In a company that serves and engages millions of players across EMEA, you will contribute to building the most advanced data-driven and player-centric marketing practices, and to reinventing communication with players by extending their epic entertainment experience with us beyond our games.
This role is a management level position where you will thrive on a can-do attitude, not afraid to get completely involved in a working environment that will empower you to create new ideas and encourage you to think outside the box all whilst sharing in some great company benefits and initiatives. In addition you will have:
- A Degree level Education (preferred) relevant to the experience required for the role.
- At least 7 years Communications Management with Press and Creators, ideally for an Entertainment brand.
- Excellent spoken and written skills in English (fluency in Spanish and/or italian language skills preferred).
- Ability to prioritize work and manage deadlines in a timely manner
- Awareness of business planning and consumer orientation (targeting, segmentation, media trends)
- Ability to innovate and propose new ideas
- True team player, agile, loyal, acting with transparency
- Outstanding organizational and planning abilities
- Serve as both a strategist and a doer
- Financial savvy (budgeting, ROI-oriented prioritization)
- Clear self-motivation with a history of exceeding high performance standards
- Ability to build productive relationships by using your excellent written and verbal English skills along with strong stakeholder management skills
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- A willingness to travel should it be required in role.
- You will be a confident, proactive and approachable personality that oozes team spirit with the added extra of being a go-getter, ambitious and tenacious in nature who can work autonomously when required all with a great sense of humor.
- Finally a passion for gaming and entertainment is an absolute must.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Key success for year 1
- Establish close relationships with key Press, Creators and Celebrity influencers, managing day to day interactions with stakeholders and management.
- Manage agency effectively to deliver results across products.
- Deliver successful communications campaigns for key franchises, as directed, demonstrating excellence in results and increased sentiment in results (in line with department KPIs)
- Play a positive and active role in the wider comms team, collaborating on key projects and sharing best-practices across the global and regional org.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.