Communications Manager, Indo & MY (Contract)
17 days ago
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
This is a contract role with a limited term reporting to the Marketing Services Manager. As the Riot Communications Manager , you will create a comprehensive strategy of communication and engagement across all the portfolio of Riot Games’ players and prospects across all forms of media. You will be responsible for increasing the fan base, building the brand, fostering positive climate/buzz/hype, and establishing a feedback loop with players via social networking and Public Relations. You’ll develop relationships with traditional and digital media outlets, both enthusiast and mainstream, and execute successful communications strategies that’ll help bring our games to more players across Indonesia & Malaysia.
As a Rioter in Jakarta, you’ll join a tight-knit group of exceptionally bright-minded individuals who share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming. Riot Games Indonesia & Malaysia is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they aren’t lost in translation.
You'll help build a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our obsession with player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming in Indonesia. Together as a team, you’ll create unique player experiences that show Indonesian players they aren't lost in translation.
- Execute the Communications strategy, ensuring its consistency with global strategy while supporting the expansion of our games in Indonesia & Malaysia
- Lead and organize events with our PR and Communications agencies, including media tours, media events, and trade shows in Indonesia & Malaysia.
- Build a good relationship with local government stakeholders and its associations
- Develop, edit, and approve press related materials like media alerts, press kits, interviews, and other essential routes of communication
- Build comprehensive social media strategy across multi-social media networks by supporting ATL execution and driving positive engagement
- Execute creative campaigns across a variety of media platforms
- Work closely with Brand Marketing, and the rest of Publishing to drive integrated communication across all our games
- Grow awareness for and reinforce the legitimacy of all Riot Games like League of Legends, VALORANT, Wild Rift, and Teamfight Tactics.
- Track and measure social engagement data to continuously optimize the overall social media strategy and gauge the health of social programs
- Identify and report on digital/social media trends, tactics, and technologies while developing strategic recommendations that inform PR programs
- Foster relationships with editorial publications, bloggers, and other media outlets
- Promote and cultivate the internal Riot culture and promote high morale to achieve desired productivity through good working relationships, respect of authority, proactive attitude, and a safe workplace environment.
- Training Rioters about internal Riot company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experienced: you have 5+ years of related experience, preferably at full service advertising or creative content agency/company.
- Gaming & entertainment market knowledge: you have deep empathy and insights for the wants and needs of the next generation of audiences entering the market.
- Bilingual (English and Bahasa Indonesia speaker): you are fluent in English and Bahasa Indonesia with the context to understand and interpret both cultures. Familiarity with Bahasa Melayu is a plus
- A Communications dynamo: you’re a one-stop public relations boutique, able to successfully execute strategic yet creative PR initiatives with a focus on sharing great stories; you know that PR’s all about relationships, so you’ve built and fostered rapport with multiple publications in Indonesia & Malaysia
- A Player Engager: you're a gamer by heart and identify with the audience, that's why you're great at hooking player attention and keeping them enthused for more of Riot Games in Indonesia & Malaysia
- A Thoughtful Problem Solver: whether out in the community or in a meeting room, you enjoy the challenges of complex real world player pain points and use your marketing skills and social media knowledge in identifying the most elegant if not witty solution to solve them
- Collaborative: you know not to dive in solo against your challenges, and that involving team members and working smart in a cross matrix organization will help you leverage obstacles and help you scale far beyond the limits of a single person
- People Manager: You have 2+ years of experience in managing people and teams
- Open-minded: You enjoy brainstorming improvement ideas and encourage discussion of alternative and unconventional approaches.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.