Activision Blizzard plays a centralised role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain.
Based in Soho, the cultural heart of London’s West End with a vast array of classic record shop and leading film companies, media offices and great restaurants. Regent’s Park is close enough for a lunchtime run, as are the delights of Piccadilly Circus and the shopping mecca of Oxford Street. It is conveniently walking distance from a number of London tube stations and mainline train stations.
As a Communications Manager for DACH your role is directly responsible for owning and delivering all Franchise and Corporate communication work within these territories.
As an experienced Communications Manager, you will thrive in an upbeat team environment, will be highly organised and able to inspire and lead your team to achieve their goals.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for leading the planning and execution of our Comms initiatives for key Activision and Blizzard franchises in the local market.
- Collaborate with EMEA Comms & Influencer Management teams, work closely with the Territory Marketing Teams to ensure PR plans are well integrated into overall Marketing execution
- Generate and deliver creative ideas (working with local PR agencies where vital) with mainstream and specialist media which drive enhanced editorial content and coverage over and above the “basic” first look, preview, review features.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with the local press and with additional key media partners in relation to our products.
- Respond to incoming queries from media (when required).
- Coordinate directly with streamers, creators, celebrity ambassadors and business managers or agents to build and implement key influencer high-impact programs.
- Provide strategic feedback to launch, momentum and community relations. Help craft our narrative message, including talking points and messaging.
- Support tours, live event executions, trade show activations, partner promotions and competitions as well as other opportunities to share our games to connect with Influencers and Media.
- Provide inputs for reporting across streaming networks, creator platforms, specialist and mainstream media; including analysing key performance data, industry trends and emerging opportunities.
- Manage PR agencies to support internal teams. Distribute assets and information on products.
- Collaborate with Communications Director to support any Corporate initiatives or issues, in territory
- Responsible for local PR budget (TBD).
In a company that serves and engages millions of players across EMEA, you will contribute to building the most sophisticated data-driven and player-centric marketing practices, and to reinventing communication with players by extending their epic entertainment experience with us beyond our games.
This role is a management level position where you'll thrive with a can-do attitude, and won't be afraid to get completely involved in a working environment that will empower and encourage you to think creatively, all whilst sharing in some great company benefits and initiatives. In addition, you will have:
- A Degree level Education (preferred) relevant to the experience required for the role.
- Extensive experience in Communications Management with Press and Creators, ideally for an Entertainment brand.
- Excellent spoken and written skills in English (German language skills an advantage).
- Outstanding organisational and planning abilities - shown to prioritise work and deliver on time.
- Awareness of business planning and consumer orientation (targeting, segmentation, media trends).
- Ability to serve as a strategist, a doer and a creative problem solver - innovating and proposing new ideas.
- Financial savvy (budgeting, return on investment oriented, prioritisation).
- Clear self-motivation with a history of exceeding performance standards.
- Excellent interpersonal partner management skills, with experience of building productive relationships
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- A willingness to travel should it be required in role.
- A confident, proactive, dedicated and empathic personality that oozes team spirit with the added extra of being a bold go-getter, tenacious in nature, who can work autonomously when required, all with a great sense of humour.
- Finally a passion for gaming and entertainment is an absolute must.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Key success for year 1
- Establish close relationships with key Press, Creators and Celebrity influencers, leading day to day interactions with partners and management.
- Lead agencies effectively to deliver results across products.
- Deliver successful communications campaigns for key franchises, as directed, demonstrating excellence in results and increased sentiment in results (in line with department metrics)
- Be a positive and active member in the wider comms team, collaborating on key projects and sharing best-practises across the global and regional org.
About Activision Blizzard
Our mission, to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment has never been more important. Through communities rooted in our video game franchises we enable hundreds of millions of people to experience joy, thrill and achievement. We enable social connections through the lens of fun, and we foster purpose and a sense of accomplishment through healthy competition.
Like sport, but with greater accessibility, our players can find purpose and meaning through competitive gaming. Video games, unlike any other social or entertainment media, have the ability to break down the barriers that can inhibit tolerance and understanding. Celebrating differences is at the core of our culture and ensures we can create games for players from a diverse set of backgrounds in the 190 countries our games are played.
As a member of the Fortune 500 and as a component company of the S&P 500, we have an extraordinary track record of delivering superior shareholder returns for over 30 years.
Our enduring franchises are some of the world’s most popular, including Call of Duty®, Crash Bandicoot™, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, StarCraft®, Candy Crush™, Bubble Witch™, Pet Rescue™ and Farm Heroes™. Our sustained success has enabled the company to support corporate social responsibility initiatives that are directly tied to our franchises. As an example, our Call of Duty Endowment has helped find employment for over 80,000 veterans.
To learn more about us, please visit www.activisionblizzard.com.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.