We are seeking a results-oriented Communications Manager (contract) responsible for driving external PR for Zynga’s corporate profile, executive positioning, company culture and game titles.
You are a results-driven go-getter with strong attention to detail, excellent ability to lead through influence, and an aptitude for and interest in taking intelligent risks. In this communications role, you will be responsible for pitching and securing media placements for Zynga.
Skills and Experience:
- Independently lead the development of media programs and initiatives to support broader narratives about Zynga’s corporate profile, executive positioning, company culture and game titles.
- Work with Zynga’s PR agencies to identify trends, publications and contacts for story development.
- Build proactive/reactive content, including messaging, blog posts and Q&A’s for announcements, partnerships, events and profiles.
- Own a targeted speaking and awards program with a goal of positioning Zynga as an industry leader.
- Provide expert PR counsel to internal team and external partners on communications to both manage expectations and provide educational support on a variety of issues and experiences that impact Zynga.
- Partner closely with internal teams including the HR, global communications, marketing, and social media teams as well as defined employee resource groups to find opportunities for collaboration and story amplification.
- Develop materials for (and lead all aspects of) high-level corporate communications programs (i.e. M&A, special situations, corporate crises)
- 2-4 years of experience leading public market earnings announcements
- 4+ years of PR or corporate communications experience
- Experience in a business and media environment, particularly in consumer technology or entertainment
- Research and analytical experience (i.e. analyzing industry news and trends)
- Experience with project management and decision-making in a team environment
- Excellent writer, editor and media strategist
- Experience pitching media and securing coverage
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related area, preferred
- Deep understanding of the impact technology can have on the world around us as well as a passion for, and understanding of, games, entertainment trends and social media
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to demonstrate maturity and good judgment at all times
- Possess a high degree of integrity and sense of confidentiality
- Ability to develop and maintain strong internal and external relationships at all levels is critical to this position
- Ability to position oneself as a leader with cross functional groups
- Strong organizational, attention to detail and an innate ability to stay on top of multiple projects at once
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.