Job Title : Communications Coordinator
Reporting To: Territory Communications Director
Department : Marketing Communications
Location: King Office (London), Wardour St, Soho , UK
Posting date: 05/10/2020
Closing date: 2 /11/2020
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain.
Based in Soho, the cultural heart of London’s West End with a vast array of classic record shop and leading film companies, media offices and great restaurants. Regent’s Park is close enough for a lunchtime run, as are the delights of Piccadilly Circus and the shopping mecca of Oxford Street. It is conveniently walking distance from a number of London tube stations and mainline train stations.
As a Communications Coordinator you will be responsible for supporting the Territory Communications Team in the development and execution of local PR plans, including Activision Blizzard stakeholder engagement and media / influencer liaison . This individual will thrive in an energetic team environment, will be highly organised and able to work independently, while contributing to the goals of the team.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Support the Communications team in the development and execution of local PR plans
- Support Territory Directors
- Collaborate with EMEA Comms & Influencer Management teams, work closely with the Territory Marketing Teams to ensure PR plans are well integrated into overall Marketing execution.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with the press and with additional key media partners where relevant to the products.
- Prepare general administrative and organisational activities, such as tracking & reporting, asset management, database maintenance
- Research market information across relevant communications and marketing topics
- Assist with the organisation of press tours, trade/consumer shows and other events (e.g. Gamescom, EGX, local events)
- Liaise with media and influencers as required – handling of general media and sample requests
- Work with PR agencies
- Support the preparation of business presentations and capture / report marketing activities
- Assist with asset creation / approval / dissemination for both UK & International Comms teams
- Work closely with the local sales and trade marketing teams to help deliver campaign updates
- A Degree level Education (preferred) or relevant to the experience required for the role.
- Excellent spoken and written skills in English (other European languages an advantage)
- Clear self-motivation with a history of exceeding high performance standards
- Ability to build productive relationships by using your excellent written and verbal English skills along with strong stakeholder management skills
- Very good experience with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word…)
- Ideally has knowledge of the gaming industry (publishers / trends / media / influencers)
- A high degree of accuracy, care and attention to detail
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Demonstrable experience in self-prioritizing of work and appropriately responses to urgent matters.
- You will be a confident, proactive and approachable personality that oozes team spirit with the added extra of being a go-getter, ambitious and tenacious in nature who can work autonomously when required all with a great sense of humour .
- Finally a passion for gaming and entertainment is an absolute must.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.