Commercial Senior Specialist
14 days ago
Job Title:Commercial Senior Specialist
Job Title: Commercial Senior Specialist
Reporting To: VP, Consumer Products, International
Department: Consumer Products
Location: Office based (Soho, London) & hybrid work from home
Contract Term: 12 month fixed-term (parental leave cover)
Activision Blizzard plays a centralised role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain.
This is an exciting time to join us. Ask anyone who works at Activision Blizzard their favourite thing about it, and they’ll tell you, it’s the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure, and resources, but our success doesn’t come from assembly lines producing widgets. Our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employee’s brilliance. So if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s the people.
Our office is based in Soho, the cultural heart of London’s West End with a vast array of classic record shops and leading film companies, media offices and great restaurants. Regent’s Park is close enough for a lunchtime run, as are the delights of Piccadilly Circus and the shopping mecca of Oxford Street. It is conveniently walking distance from a number of London tube stations and mainline train stations and has a well-stocked kitchen and free on-site gym.
To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB
Activision-Blizzard is looking for a Commercial Sr Specialist to develop our licensing programs and 365-day commercial executions in partnership with the Global/HQ team in EMEA, ANZ and LATAM.
As part of the International Consumer Products (CP) team, the Commercial Sr. Specialist/Manager will be responsible for developing the tactic and drive the action plan of brand extension partnerships programs with Brick and Mortar, Ecommerce and Distribution partners for AB portfolio. You will work in partnership with all franchise teams and the HQ/Global Category and Commercial team, as well as collaborating with licensee partners to identify B2B opportunities.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Partner with Global Commercial Lead to broaden the reach of our world class brands by delivering outstanding commercial executions.
- Grow the business via retail expansion into mass, speciality and e-commerce channels.
- Provide insight, analysis and strategic go-to market expertise for our licensee, Ecommerce and Brick and Mortar partners.
- Develop a commercial tactic for top markets and per retailer (Brick & Mortar or E-Commerce) including actions and calendar
- Develop and manage relationships with key buyers and decision makers in partnership with the CP Category Team.
- Influence the account and use your tenacity to sell in programs
- Maintain knowledge of key seasonality and buying cycle of retailers.
- Supervise retail dynamics (consumer behaviour trends, ecommerce, new channels, competition best practice)
- Work with the VG distributors (Koch Media and Centresoft) to explore new CP opportunities and implement retail programs
Category and CP agents
- Understand CP International Strategy for key markets.
- Organise presentations with key retailers (Red Carpet or similar)
- Keep in close contact with Retail HQ to understand their retail strategy and the key programs
- Work with key licensees to improve sales and visibility at retail.
- Push geographical expansion of top licensees in key markets when possible
- Support of Direct business (mainly statues) with our partners (Gear Store, Distributors)
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, MBA preferred
- Extensive experience gained within retail and consumer goods, building retail programs for AAA Entertainment. Has a good understanding of brand and property positioning, retail business development function, retail distribution and the retail environment.
- Relationship builder, including excellent communication and presentation skills (including top PowerPoint skills)
- Able to just to changing business environment – start-up mentality within a corporate environment
- Strong sales and negotiation skills.
- Self-motivated professional and a creative problem solver. Able to work independently, with proven experience in prioritising appropriately
- Great teammate and comfortable with matrix environment
- Knowledge & fandom of Activision Blizzard franchises and/or eSports.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification or criteria, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to crafting a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage all to apply.
Our mission, to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment has never been more important. Through communities rooted in our video game franchises we enable hundreds of millions of people to experience joy, thrill and achievement. We enable social connections through the lens of fun, and we foster purpose and a sense of accomplishment through healthy competition. Like sport, but with greater accessibility, our players can find purpose and meaning through competitive gaming. Video games, unlike any other social or entertainment media, have the ability to break down the barriers that can inhibit tolerance and understanding. Celebrating differences is at the core of our culture and ensures we can create games for players of diverse backgrounds in the 190 countries our games are played.
As a member of the Fortune 500 and as a component company of the S&P 500, we have an extraordinary track record of delivering superior shareholder returns for over 30 years.
Our enduring franchises are some of the world’s most popular, including Call of Duty®, Crash Bandicoot™, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, StarCraft®, Candy Crush™, Bubble Witch™, Pet Rescue™ and Farm Heroes™. Our sustained success has enabled the company to support corporate social responsibility initiatives that are directly tied to our franchises. As an example, our Call of Duty Endowment has helped find employment for over 80,000 veterans.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.