This job might no longer be available.
Commercial & Retail Marketing Intern
15 days ago
Paid Commercial & Retail Marketing Intern
Guildford, United Kingdom
Application closing date: 29th January 2021
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE UNLESS YOU MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA
- You are studying in the penultimate year of an undergraduate degree
- Available to commence a full-time, 1 year placement in summer 2021
- Available and eligible to work in Guildford, UK, without the need for visa or relocation support
To apply: Submit an up-to-date CV along with a cover letter which explains why you want to complete your internship with Electronic Arts and what interests you in this specific placement.
Marketing and Commercial Organization (MCO)
We are Electronic Arts’ Marketing and Commercial Organization (MCO). Our teams build meaningful relationships with hundreds of millions of players around the world who love our games. We aim to be the best at meeting players where they are and supporting them throughout their journey with EA. Our teams develop the strategic vision of our products, run outstanding multi-channel campaigns, build global engagement across all touch points, develop global insights, and propel sales and global publishing. We understand the dynamic global landscape so we can bring relevant content, promotions, and help to players anywhere.
We foster an environment where our teams create the most amazing work of their career while inspiring the world to play.
The Challenge Ahead
A fantastic opportunity to gain hands-on experience with the leading global interactive entertainment software company. You will help maximize EA’s potential by supporting the UKI Commercial team, working closely with multiple partners, including the UKI team’s high-profile retailers and creative agencies.
What a Commercial & Retail Marketing Intern does at EA
Retail Marketing Responsibilities include:
- Brief agencies for new artwork for point of sale (POS), in-store and online assets and above the line (ATL) campaigns
- Approve retailer assets ensuring full compliance with EA’s branding and legal guidelines
- Support relationships with retail customers - communicating latest franchise assets, maintaining enhanced product pages on their websites and ensuring the websites comply with brand guidelines
POS & Merchandise:
- Manage game box sleeve production and delivery with EA’s printing partner
- Support the UKI Retail Marketing team in the creation, approval, production and distribution of all POS and EA-branded merchandise materials
- Forecast and track actual spend of POS and merchandise costs and raise and receipt purchase orders
Commercial Responsibilities Include:
- Produce weekly customer pre-order report
- Maintain weekly retailer Stock and Sales trackers and channel price reports across packaged and digital products
- Create new release launch decks
- Assist Commercial Team with ad-hoc projects
- Manage allocation of pre-order codes and maintain game sample tracker and distribution of promotional codes
- Provide support to the Commercial Team for events and retail customer conferences.
- Attend customer meetings
- Attend all relevant commercial meetings and capture minutes/actions
Experience we are looking for:
- An interest in working in the entertainment industry
- Experience with Excel is preferable, but not essential
- Organisational skills are necessary, and the ability to manage a dynamic workload
- Strong commercial awareness
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Enjoy taking on responsibility
- Be proactive, self-motivated, accountable, and professional
Want to see what our previous interns have worked on...