This job might no longer be available.
Paid Commercial & Retail Marketing Intern (Starting Summer 2020)
Guildford England United Kingdom
2 months ago
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 31st January 2020
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE UNLESS YOU MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA
- You are studying in the penultimate year of an undergraduate degree
- Available to commence a full-time, 1 year placement in summer 2020
- Available and eligible to work in Guildford, UK, without the need for visa or relocation support
- Available to attend an all-day assessment in our Guildford office on Thursday 13th February 2020
To apply: Submit an up-to-date CV along with a cover letter which explains why you want to complete your internship with Electronic Arts and what interests you in this specific placement.
We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is complicated. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
A fantastic opportunity to gain hands-on experience with the leading global interactive entertainment software company. You will help maximize EA’s potential by supporting the UKI Commercial team, working closely with multiple partners, including the UKI team’s high-profile retailers and creative agencies.
What a Commercial & Retail Marketing Intern does at EA
Retail Marketing Responsibilities include:
- Brief agencies for new artwork for point of sale (POS), in-store and online assets and above the line (ATL) campaigns
- Approve retailer assets ensuring full compliance with EA’s branding and legal guidelines
- Support relationships with retail customers - communicating latest franchise assets, maintaining enhanced product pages on their websites and ensuring the websites comply with brand guidelines
POS & Merchandise:
- Manage game box sleeve production and delivery with EA’s printing partner
- Support the UKI Retail Marketing team in the creation, approval, production and distribution of all POS and EA-branded merchandise materials
- Forecast and track actual spend of POS and merchandise costs and raise and receipt purchase orders
Commercial Responsibilities Include:
- Produce weekly customer pre-order report
- Maintain weekly retailer Stock and Sales trackers and channel price reports across packaged and digital products
- Create new release launch decks
- Assist Commercial Team with ad-hoc projects
- Manage allocation of pre-order codes and maintain game sample tracker and distribution of promotional codes
- Provide support to the Commercial Team for events and retail customer conferences.
- Attend customer meetings
- Attend all relevant commercial meetings and capture minutes/actions
Experience we are looking for:
- An interest in working in the entertainment industry
- Experience with Excel is preferable, but not essential
- Organisational skills are necessary , and the ability to manage a dynamic workload
- Strong commercial awareness
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Creative approach to problem solving
- A team player
- Enjoy taking on responsibility
- Be proactive, self-motivated, accountable and professional
Want to see what our previous interns have worked on...
Check out our Day in the Life of an Intern Campaign on Twitter.
We appreciate the work our Interns provide, so here at EA we like to offer you great facilities while you are working onsite including:
- Free onsite gym
- Two annual parties (Summer & Christmas)
- Onsite cafe
- Games Area
We thought you might also want to know more about our location:
Take your career to the next level – apply today!