Commercial Development Lead, Riot China
12 days ago
We are looking for a senior commercial development lead to support Riot Games’ long term growth in China across the business portfolio - game, esports, entertainment, and etc.
You will be a part of the Riot China Leadership team and report directly to the China Country Manager, and work with a broad range of Riot functions and leaders across the region / the company. You should be experienced in negotiating, structuring and executing commercial deals and contracts with our partners internally & externally, across game, Esports and entertainment industries.
You will work firstly as an internal role, to build, manage and gate keep the general commercial platform and process within Riot China. Secondly, you will be working directly on the negotiation with our most important strategic partner - Tencent as the unified representative from the Riot side, on key commercial contracts / economic terms. Additionally, you will also be the thought partner and provide great support to both the country manager and the leaders across business units upon commercial terms / deals, and support deal sourcing / partner management (if applicable). You shall also help to ensure partnership strategy consistency, synergy of internal interests as the platform.
- Lead the China level commercial development platform to support the various commercial processes in Riot China across business units (with respective Business Units leads to act and decide on their own business interest and direct client management) . Facilitate and support the daily management of China BD committee and gatekeeping for conflicts across commercial deals.
- Be the representative from the Riot side and directly drive the relevant deal negotiation process with key external parties - in particular, with Tencent . Facilitate strategic conversation and alignment across business leaders in Riot with their Tencent partners.
- Lead and design key commercial contract structure, key economic terms and general business clauses / principles as the China commercial development platform, by working closely with legal, compliance, finance and other cross-functional teams within Riot.
- Partner with our game, Esports, entertainment and corporate development teams to support deal sourcing and partnership development with pre-commercial deal insights and advices
- Be the strategic advisor to the China country manager regarding commercial development. Working closely with the global commercial department with insights from China.
- 8+ years of general business development or commercial development experience with an established track record in successfully structuring, negotiating and closing deals with partners
- 5+ years of BD or commercial experience with the focus on the Gaming, Esports, or Entertainment industry
- Experienced in entering negotiations fully informed about internal considerations, knowing how to navigate the situation to best settle differences and, ideally, win concessions. Being able to safeguard and maximize Riot’s interest by negotiating / managing external partner
- Experienced in networking with contacts across partners and clients at a senior level in China, and extensive knowledge of building commercial collaborations
- Excellent bi-lingual communication, presentation and cross-cultural leadership skills
- Strong partnership management skill and mentality.
- Rich experience of handling complex deal structure / commercial process
- Experience or proven track record of managing / engagement with Tencent
- Rich network in game / esports / entertainment industry
- Passionate about gaming!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code . Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).