Commercial Data Games Analyst (office based OR worldwide remote home working)
24 days ago
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game publishers, with well over 600 million downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops 3D and Makeover Studio 3D. Alongside this, we also have a growing PC and console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS! and Eternal Hope.
With a team of talented people collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, the Philippines and many more, we have a truly global team making games for a global audience. And it’s paying off: Kwalee games have been downloaded in every country on earth! If you think you’re a good fit for one of our remote vacancies, we want to hear from you wherever you are based.
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle. Could your idea be the next global hit?
As a Commercial Data Games Analyst in the PC and Console Publishing division, you will be the source of insight into what makes a successful game launch, promotional campaign and how to maximise profitability during each game’s lifecycle.
You can either work REMOTELY from anywhere around the world or in one of our offices.
What you tell your friends you do:
“My analysis ensures Kwalee games are engaging, fun and sell like hotcakes!"
What you will really do:
- Analyse competitor sets and previous releases in order to measure and predict performance, trends and relationships on the first party platform storefronts
- Third party title analysis and forecasting of market VS a new prospect for due diligence (DD) purposes; total addressable audience, game features, gameplay loops, lifecycle, sales forecasting, etc
- Use statistical testing and predictive modelling for competitor sets and previous releases to forecast revenue for the PC & Console publishing team and recommend successful promotional cadence, pricing and other sales strategies. .
- Analyse games on Steam and other FPP stores to identify future best-sellers and opportunities
- Provide insights on best-selling games by genre, platform, gameplay loop/hook, etc
- Conduct game genre gap analysis and provide insights to help identify and exploit new opportunities
- Work closely with internal teams to provide data-driven commercial insights to guide and assist in decision making
- Regularly communicate results and identify solutions with development, management and other internal teams in a compelling and engaging manner.
How you will be doing this
- You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to ensure the best results.
- You’ll think creatively and will be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you can get it. We even have a robot!
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with more than 150 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse team, including David Darling and many highly experienced games industry veterans, including Jason Falcus and Max Everingham.
Skills and requirements
- Experience analysing complex and varied data in a commercial or academic setting, preferably with knowledge of (and strong interest in) the video games industry.
- Desire to take ownership of, and solve new and complex problems every day.
- Excellent ability to clearly and succinctly communicate analysis and findings to both technical and non-technical team members and business stakeholders.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with high emotional intelligence.
- Ability to be proactive, following trends, anticipating requirements and work on own initiative.
- Experience with and knowledge of Power BI, Excel etc, and analytics software tools like SPSS and SQL .
- A degree in a numerically focussed discipline such as, Maths, Physics, Economics, Chemistry, Engineering or Biological Sciences.
- Previous experience in a commercial function in the video game industry
- Experience mentoring and managing junior team members.
We want everyone involved in our games to share our success, that’s why we have a generous team profit sharing scheme from day 1 of employment
In addition to a competitive salary we also offer private medical cover and life assurance
Creative Wednesdays! (Design and make you own games every Wednesday)
20 days of paid holidays plus bank holidays
Great work-life balance with flexible working hours
Quarterly team building days - work hard, play hard!
Monthly employee awards
- Free snacks, fruit and drinks
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.