This job might no longer be available.
San Francisco, CA, United States
4 months ago
Unity is looking for a top-notch tech transactions counsel to join our legal team’s Commercial Group, supporting Unity’s software and cloud services sales team in the Americas and EMEA. This position is based out of Unity’s headquarters in San Francisco and will work closely with other team members across the globe. This is an opportunity to have a direct impact on the commercialization of Unity’s products and services in new industries, like Automotive/Transportation/Manufacturing, Architecture/Engineering/Construction and Media & Entertainment. If you are a can-do and collaborative teammate with a passion for creative problem-solving, this is a great fit for you!
- Draft, review and negotiate a variety of technology transactions, including those for Unity software subscriptions, Unity cloud subscriptions, professional services and inbound licenses for sales-related tools
- Provide well-reasoned legal risk assessments to Unity’s sales team, ensuring that the team is free to operate while staying compliant with Unity’s own policies, accounting rules, international laws and various contractual obligations
- Work with other teams, accounting, tax, sales ops, product teams to resolve issues, get approvals, draft custom deals, and update/establish processes
- Advise on related privacy matters, including GDPR, and negotiate data collection and processing agreements (escalating to our privacy team as necessary)
- Conduct legal training sessions and assist in the preparation of training materials
- Manage a diverse and challenging workload with competing priorities and stakeholders
- You have 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in-house and/or in a law firm; strong preference for both
- You have on-point experience negotiating and drafting tech deals, including software license and SaaS agreements, cloud services agreements, technology licenses and professional services agreements
- You understand software revenue recognition principles under U.S. GAAP
- You are a practical, get-things-done person - Unity is a roll-up-your-sleeves-and-dig-in place
- You love communicating and collaborating, and you have a true partner mentality: if you like to connect dots and connect people, you’ll love this role
- You demonstrate exceptional judgment and are comfortable, effective and persuasive in dealing with customers, partners, teammates, senior management and key stakeholders
- You have excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- You are a member in good standing with the California State Bar or are registered in-house counsel in California
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations. The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Facebook, Oculus, Autodesk, and Microsoft to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.