Dublin County Dublin Ireland
13 days ago
Keywords Studios continues to build world leading capabilities in services that video game and other interactive content creators need. We stand shoulder to shoulder with our clients working as their external partner, providing access to our teams of experts where and when needed.
People that work at Keywords Studios are passionate, talented, committed and resourceful. Human talent is our most valuable resource and, as a business, we thrive on diversity, celebrate uniqueness and work as together in teams, either physically in one of our 62 facilities around the world in 21 countries or else virtually.
Keywords Studios now have an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Counsel to be a part of its Dublin HQ team. This position will support and report to the Group’s Legal Counsel on commercial, data protection and other legal matters globally. As part of this role you are going to be a key member within the team, focusing on a wide variety of duties supporting and advising both commercial and corporate functions.
This exciting role will give the successful individual the opportunity to influence and lead a critical element of our growing business, taking us to the next level of our strategic growth plans.
- Acting as the primary legal point of contact for the Group’s Contracts and Sales teams in support of the drafting, review and negotiation of a wide variety of commercial contracts;
- Monitoring existing contractual relationships / frameworks and interpreting data protection, privacy and intellectual property matters in the context of commercial negotiations;
- Drafting and solidify agreements and other legal documents to ensure the protection of the Group’s full legal rights and to reduce risk;
- Advising on contract status, legal risks and the legal liabilities associated with different situations;
- Providing legal guidance on data protection, privacy and other related issues to the Group, including by collaborating closely with the Group’s Data Protection Manager and the wider Information Security team;
- Supporting the Group’s Human Resources team with employee related data protection and privacy issues;
- Partnering with the Group’s M&A, Finance, Treasury and other corporate functions generally on a wide variety of matters in the delivery of a best in class service in support the Group’s growth and progress globally;
- Managing files and working independently to see matters through to completion;
- Providing advice on legal issues to all levels of personnel, up to and including senior executives;
- Identifying inefficiencies in day-to-day operations and making recommendations for process improvements;
- Researching and advising on regulatory and legal changes affecting the Group, including procedures for compliance;
- Providing training to both the Contracts’ team and the wider Group on legal topics; and
- Giving accurate and timely counsel on a variety of other legal issues on an ad hoc basis, including by taking on such other responsibilities as the Group’s Legal Counsel may determine from time to time (intellectual property, employment, treasury, M&A, litigation, etc.)
- Qualified lawyer (solicitor/barrister) with a minimum of 2-3 years’ post-qualification experience (either in a top tier law firm or in-house with an international company);
- Licensed in good standing to practice law in at least one jurisdiction;
- Experience and expertise in negotiating and drafting contracts;
- In-depth knowledge of data protection, privacy and intellectual property laws and regulations;
- Experience in other legal areas which may benefit the Group desirable (e.g. M&A, finance/banking, employment/HR, litigation & dispute resolution, IP/IT, etc.);
- Demonstrated ability to understand business requirements quickly and then implement actions to meet business objectives;
- Excellent project management skills;
- Ability to be innovate and present creative solutions;
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills and strong attention to detail;
- Fluency in English (additional languages are an advantage but not required); and
- Willingness to travel as needed.