15 days ago
EA is looking for a motivated, skilled, practical, and well-rounded Legal Counsel to serve as a legal partner supporting transactions for multiple business groups within EA including (i) EA’s inbound licenses with sports leagues and teams, player associations, and global entertainment properties, (ii) game-specific marketing and technology transactions, (iii) marketing agreements with our platform partners, (iv) rights clearance, (v) new potential business models, and (vi) post-acquisition integration and other general transactional support. This position is based in our offices located at Austin, Texas; Seattle, Washington; or Los Angeles, California. (Note: we are flexible on location.)
- Working with senior counsel who provides primary support, Legal Counsel will draft and negotiate a wide range of marketing and technology agreements, including inbound and outbound software licenses, SaaS agreements, professional services agreements (including agreements for the services of creative agencies), co-marketing agreements, data protection agreements, content licensing, and content development agreements.
- Review licensing, talent, and other agreements for relevant rights and obligations, both generally and in the context of clearing rights for game properties.
- Work with legal colleagues to develop and maintain policies, contract templates, training, and guidelines to ensure legal compliance and operational efficiency.
- Provide legal advice on a wide range of legal matters in the areas of technology development, licensing, and marketing.
- Develop creative solutions to support business needs and objectives while mitigating risk.
Required skills and experience:
- B.A/B.S., J.D. degrees and State Bar membership with 5-7 years of experience with a law firm providing services for technology clients, relevant in-house experience with companies in the technology industry, or both.
- Significant knowledge and experience with the negotiation and preparation of a wide range of sophisticated commercial, marketing, and technology agreements, including experience with data protection and data security agreements.
- Experience in the sports, entertainment, or games industry a plus.
- Ability to work with cross-functional business and legal teams.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to establish strong working relationships with business owners.
- Ability to work independently to manage entire contract process from initial contact, negotiation, execution.
- Ability to handle a high volume of work with minimal supervision, with the ability to multi-task, assess business and legal risk in a focused and efficient manner, and prioritize workload efficiently and effectively.
As part of our hiring process, we may ask candidates to answer written questionnaires, demonstrate the ability to spot relevant issues, or provide writing samples.