Combat Game Designer
Roswell, Georgia, United States
16 days ago
Tripwire Interactive is looking for talented, dedicated, and passionate individuals to join the Tripwire Interactive family! Tripwire Interactive is an independent video game development and publishing company, famous for shooter titles like Red Orchestra the wildly popular Killing Floor series, and now the single player RPG, Maneater. Tripwire has solidified its spot as one of the brightest rising stars in the games industry.
At Tripwire Interactive, we pride ourselves in our ability to move to the beat of our own drum. Our existence as an independent studio and publisher means we are able to develop games on a schedule that reassesses what has become the status quo in the industry as a whole. We’re located in Roswell, GA just north of Atlanta; where cost of living is relatively low and opportunities are high. So if you’re looking to work in an environment that changes the game in more ways than one, look no further than Tripwire Interactive.
*Note: During this unprecedented time, we are looking for individuals who are able and willing to work from home until all restrictions have been lifted in relation to COVID-19. At such time, the position will be located on site.
- Work closely with and take direction from Design Director or Design Leads to take combat game features, mechanics and content from concept to completion.
- Work closely with designers, engineers, animators and Audio/FX to design and implement combat game features, mechanics and content.
- Create and maintain combat game features and content like enemies, attacks, weapons or abilities and maintain engine assets related to them such as blueprints and behavior trees.
- Tune and tweak the timing, feel and balance of combat game features, mechanics and content.
- Collaborate effectively with other departments as needed.
- Excellent verbal communication skills along with the ability to create well written and formatted game design documentation.
- All other duties as assigned.
- A positive, self-driven attitude.
- A passion for game design and creating games with fun, polished and ground-breaking game mechanics.
- Working knowledge and experience with UE4 and Blueprint.
- Ability to think logically and break down gameplay ideas and concepts into implementable systems.
- Experience as a combat designer or a game designer working with combat content or systems on at least 1 shipped title.
- Profit Share
- Medical, Dental, & Vision 100% of premiums for the family covered by Tripwire
- Up to 30 days of PTO
- 16 paid Holidays
- Short Term Disability & Long Term Disability
- 401k Match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Flexible Hours
- Employee & Family Team Building Events
- Volunteer Days
Preference to applicants with:
- At least 3 years experience in the games industry working as a game designer or combat game designer.
- Experience working on more than 1 AAA titles as a game designer or combat game designer.
- Experience working on enemy design and knowledge and experience working with behavior trees using UE4..
- Experience working with the UE4 gameplay abilities and effects system.
- Experience working on AAA first person shooter titles.
- Experience working on AAA open world titles.