Combat Game Designer
5 days ago
Maximum Games and Modus are part of the Maximum Entertainment Group- a multinational development and publishing group dedicated to bringing the highest level of innovation, technology, and creative ambition to the global games market through its growing family of brands. The group currently consists of five studios and four publishers and leverages each entity’s unique capabilities and brand identity to deliver influential and entertaining content to gamers worldwide.
As an innovative video game publisher, we encourage employees to set aside corporate attire and mindset in favor of entrepreneurism, strategic thinking and just enough process-orientation to be effective in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. The company values productive fun and invites team members to leverage their skills and abilities for company and personal success .
If this is the right environment for you, we are currently searching for a Combat Game Designer.
This position is full time, remote and will be based out of Modus Studios Brazil in Brazil.
In this position, you will:
- Make use of a C++ based custom engine that makes use of its own scripting language.
- Implement game elements directly in the engine using the proprietary scripting language.
- Have periodic meetings with other game designers to discuss mechanics and other features of the game that require game design.
Ideally, you have:
- BS in Game Design & Development, Computer Science or Systems Analysis.
- Knowledge of Programming Logic and Algorithms.
- Knowledge of FSMs (Finite State Machines).
- Deep knowledge of fighting games in general, especially 2D fighting games is desirable. (Not necessarily to play well or competitively but to understand fighting game mechanics, balancing, analysis and specific terms.)
- Knowledge of fundamentals of 2D art and animation.
- Experience with Git and/or Git GUI clients.
- Knowledge of collaborative project and task management software.
- Previous experience with scripting game engines like Godot and LÖVE2D is desirable.
- Knowledge of Mathematics and Physics applied to games is desirable.
- Knowledge of game AI, behavior and decision trees is desirable.
- Experience with game development in other languages like C++ is desirable.
- Good communication skills in English.
- Aligns with Maximum Games’ Core Values: Scrappy, Creative Problem Solver, Avid Learner, Cares, Seeks Context, Adaptable
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.