Combat Designer, World of Warcraft
Irvine California 92618 United States of America
20 days ago
Job Title:Combat Designer, World of Warcraft
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and experienced game designer to champion World of Warcraft’s class and combat design. You will collaborate with the lead designer to create and iterate on all aspects of classes, combat, and related game systems. The ideal candidate has a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, boundless creativity, a strong visual aesthetic, and a passion and understanding for what makes World of Warcraft classes unique and combat interesting.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Deep knowledge of the classes in World of Warcraft, their abilities, traits, and themes.
- Ability to break down what makes combat in World of Warcraft fun, accessible, and engaging.
- Strong understanding of how classes and roles interact with each other in both a cooperative and PvP environment.
- Able to work creatively and meet deadlines in a demanding team environment.
- Strong math and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Absolute passion for playing and making video games.
- 3 years or more of game design experience, preferably on MMO/RPG classes and combat.
- Experience working with the design of RPG systems.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Team Name:World of Warcraft