Combat Designer - Unannounced AAA project
Barcelona CT es
4 days ago
As a Combat Designer, you will join the team responsible for several bosses and enemies on Assassin’s Creed Valhalla and continue their mission to deliver exciting, challenging and forward-thinking combat features.
Following the standards set by the Lead Systems Designer, you will be hands-on, driving the design, implementation, tuning, and polish of combat features and encounters.
· Design and implement combat features and systems (boss fights and enemies, AI behaviours, combat modes, etc.) that follow the game’s creative direction with regard to the targeted experience for the player.
· Actively participate in the production of prototypes in order to adjust and validate features and systems prior to production and assess the success of these prototypes by measuring how objectives are met.
· Define the information needed by the player to make interesting choices depending on their situation in the game and individual play style.
· Collaborate with animation, level design, art, audio and gameplay programming teams to ensure the optimal communication of this information.
· Stay up to date on best practices to keep up with the industry & develop your skills and refresh your knowledge.
· At least 3 years of professional experience in the field of game design, with an emphasis on driving combat experiences from conception to final polish.
· Experience with game engines (e.g. Unity or Unreal) and productivity software (word processors, spreadsheets, etc.).
· A highly innovative, empathetic, and collaborative spirit
· Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
· Critical thinking, curiosity, resourcefulness, and plenty of flexibility
· Ability to sift through data and come to meaningful conclusions
· Relevant experience with scripting and programming languages a plus
Few words about Ubisoft Barcelona studio:
The studio is located in one of the most popular urban area of Europe: Barcelona! I bet that you know Barcelona for sure! Either for its amazing architecture, monuments and parks, famous nightlife with bars, restaurants and clubs, super weather and beaches, popular sport culture or for its great life quality.
Here in Barcelona, as well as in the studio, you will meet people from around the world, eat hundreds of different food, play different sports, talk about art and history, share amazing life experience with creative, open-mind and dynamic people. Exciting no?
As employee as much as citizen, we encourage you to inspire the world and build the future! We promote a friendly, creative and passionate culture for our talented team to produce the best AAA games in the videogames industry. We also encourage all our employees to invest time in playing any type of games, and if it’s together, even better!
In Barcelona studio, everyone feels like at home!
Are you ready to join the Ubi family for your new challenge? We are already excited to have you!
List of benefits:
- Monthly Restaurant tickets
- Preferential price for medical insurance
- Sports / activities deal
- Access to transport tax deductions
- Free access to all Ubisoft games (PC)
- Discount for Ubisoft console games
- Fresh fruits / drinks
- Friday Morning Breakfast
- Friday afternoon free
- Flexible working hours
- Team building events
- Assistance for opening Bank account
- Assistance for house contract/ documentation review
- Assistance for local registration (NIE, SSN, Tax)
Ubisoft Barcelona, part of Ubisoft’s international network of production studios, has developed for over 20 years a strong expertise in the production of videogames from a large variety of genres and platforms. The Studio is continuously looking to grow its team with highly professional, passionate and talented people.
During these years, the studio worked on the following franchises: “Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon®”, “Assassin’s Creed®” , “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Siege” or “Star Trek™: Bridge Crew” on VR…
The team is currently working on the “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Siege” Live Game, Beyond Good & Evil 2, Assassin's Creed and Tom Clancy's The Division 2.