Co-op Software Engineer - January 2020
Burnaby, British Columbia
8 days ago
Build amazing experiences in Halo Infinite , connect players across platforms in Minecraft , or unleash your creativity on original IP. SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. We are a co-developer on Halo Infinite , work on projects in the Minecraft universe, and also make original cinematic platformer, Stela . As one of Vancouver’s fastest growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 140 engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
Come join us as Junior Software Engineer Co-Op to work on one of our game teams! While working on cutting-edge technology, this role will allow you to expand your skills in software and game development, while experiencing a supportive and positive work environment that allows time for work-life balance and playing the games we build!
This role is reserved for a student looking for a 4-month or 8-month co-op experience starting in January 2020. During your time at SkyBox, you will work on exciting SkyBox IP or on one of our AAA game development teams. You will also have the opportunity to join in on all our learning initiatives and studio events, which will expose you to all of our game teams and give you inside knowledge into what it's like to develop a successful game from scratch.
- Build software in C++ and/or C# by using a game engine such as Unreal or Unity
- Collaborate with designers, production and software engineers to run development features
- Execute on software development tasks independently, but still know when to ask for help
- Push the boundaries of what you know by learning new technologies and systems to meet our technical and business needs
- Personal or professional game development experience (we love to see your personal projects!)
- Fluency in C++ and C# (Unity)
- Strong math skills for 3D game development
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A commitment to self-direction, collaboration and constant improvement
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic work environment
- A passion for games!
Please note, only those who share a github account or the like will be considered as an applicant. Priority will be given to upper year students.
A Culture of Empowerment, Collaboration and Personal Growth
Our studio’s success can be attributed to our culture of empowerment, collaboration and personal growth. We employ a flat structure where all team members are heard, respected and trusted. We encourage knowledge sharing and personal growth through our many Lunch & Learns and frequent feedback. This culture is underscored by our strong commitment to work-life balance.
One major thing that we’re proud of is that we’ve been able to grow a 140+ person studio while cultivating an inclusive grassroots culture. We value our team members’ various backgrounds, hobbies, skills, and interests and this is demonstrated through our broad spectrum of social clubs: Join our soccer team, fitness group, potluck club, or one of our many D&D groups - you can even start your own!
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.