About Offworld Industries:
Offworld Industries Ltd. (OWI) is the independent studio behind the successful military first person shooter game, “Squad”. OWI was formed in 2014 by more than 15 developers who had worked together on the well known Project Reality mod for Battlefield 2. The founding purpose of the team was to bring a standalone successor of this acclaimed mod to market and build a game development studio and a livelihood from that foundation.
Fast forward to 2022, OWI has nearly 120 employees and is rapidly growing. We have been expanding the studio into both serving as a publisher supporting mods, as well as a technology provider building a framework for character based multiplayer games based in UE4.
We are built on passion, unified spirit and continuing efforts to break the mold. We strive to become a leader in creating large-scale multiplayer games as well as supplying others with the ability to do the same. We are looking for a talented Co-Op Programmer for our current and upcoming Unreal Engine based multiplayer games. If you are passionate about making great games and a team player, we are looking for you!
- Write software in C++ and in UE4’s blueprint language
- Work as a member of the team, contributing and gaining experience in many areas of game programming
- Fix bugs that push you to understand unfamiliar code and learn from code written by more experienced programmers
- Work with the Design and Programming teams to implement new features
- Strong understanding of Object-Oriented programming
- Experience with C++
- Experience with UE4 is not required but is a bonus
- Passionate about games development, playing games, and learning
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- 40 hours per week, salaried position
- Length is two co-op terms (8 months)
- Hybrid working options available
If you meet the above qualifications, and OWI sounds like the kind of company you want to be a part of, please apply now with a cover letter and a copy of your resume .
Offworld Industries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, color, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical and/or mental handicap, financial ability or any other characteristic protected by law.