This job might no longer be available.
Cloud Virtualization Administrator
10 days ago
As a Virtualization Administrator, you will be part of Ubisoft's IT infrastructure teams, located in Montreal, Paris and Singapore. In a DevOps context, the VMWare team provides hosting and connectivity services on the internal cloud for all Ubisoft games.
You will be responsible for the health and operation of the virtualization infrastructure by bringing your understanding of storage, and operating systems. You will also participate in the evolution of the platform by assisting in the architecture, design and development of the platform.
- Be responsible for the proper functioning and stability of the VMware platform (vSphere);
- Participate in migration projects, deployment and design of new virtualization infrastructures;
- Participate in the implementation of continuous integration and CI/CD pipeline delivery systems;
- Support services in production by managing alerts to ensure proper operation, high availability of the system and quality of services;
- Perform system, application and firmware upgrades;
- Participate in technical and operational analyses with the collaboration of peers;
- Propose new solutions as well as new technical designs and standards;
- Write documentation related to standards, operations and usage;
- Respond to user requests and service requests.
*(A rotation of on-call duties between colleagues is to be expected).
- Very good knowledge of vSphere;
- Excellent knowledge of Linux operating system administration;
- Strong knowledge of scripting, automation principles and tools such as Ansible, Python, CI/CD, GitLab, and others;
- Knowledge of Openstack, is a plus;
- Knowledge of containerization concepts with Docker and Kubernetes is an asset;
- Bilingualism in French and English is required both verbally and in writing.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.