Cloud Specialist- Business Intelligence
Montreal QC ca
15 days ago
Ubisoft Enterprise Data is responsible for providing various internal services such as a data lake, enterprise data warehouse, Big Data platform and reporting tools.
As an IT Developer within Enterprise Data, you will be part of the Cloud Transformation team, taking on projects to leverage these systems to evolve Ubisoft data ecosystem. You’ll participate in the conception and development of our cloud platform, working closely with our Architecture and Operations teams to ensure the best DevOps practices are in place.
- Care for public clouds used by Ubisoft, with an emphasis on datawarehouses like Snowflake using documented, automated installation and support procedures;
- Manage many clouds, accounts and services through automation and scripting;
- Conduct virtual infrastructure capacity forecast and health assessments;
- Improve resource allocation on the virtual platform by proposing various usage optimizations;
- Implement management tools for our cloud-based services;
- Maintain documentation regarding configurations, operations and troubleshooting procedures related to the Cloud platforms;
- Work proactively to discover problems through monitoring, reporting and trend analysis;
- Participate in the definition of standards, guidelines, best practices and metrics as directed;
- Assist in evaluating new requirements, technical design and standards;
- Provide support and answer technical questions from developers and other IT staff;
- Monitor system events to ensure health,maximum system availability and service quality;
- Works with Project Managers and/or Development Team Leaders to define priorities, build project plans and estimations;
- Create Proof of Concepts for internal partners;
- Maintain excellent knowledge on the Cloud and DevOps domains of activity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or any other related field.
- 2+ years of Cloud Platforms experience involving provisioning and data related solutions;
- 3+ years working with DevOps practices.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Experience with BI datawarehouse like Snowflake and/or Teradata;
- Experience working with API for automation;
- Experience with UNIX/Linux environments;
- Experience with containers (Docker and Kubernetes);
- Experience with at least one Infrastructure as Code framework;
- Experience with SQL language on various relational databases (SQL Server ou MySQL). Knowledge of NoSQL databases is a plus;
- Knowledge with Big data technologies including Hadoop, Hive, Kafka, Airflow, Spark;
- Interest in working with data related topics like warehousing, visualization, storage, pipelines, machine learning;
- Interest in automating tasks and Infrastructure as Code;
- Eager to learn new technologies and enjoy sharing knowledge with peers;
- Bilingual (French/English) is required both orally and written.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above. At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.