Cloud Services Engineer
11 days ago
We are EA and we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Electronic Arts' Firemonkeys Studio is regarded throughout the industry as a leading live service mobile game studio. We release new meaningful updates on a regular basis for games such as Real Racing 3, The Sims FreePlay and Need for Speed.
Reporting to our Technical Director, We're looking for a dedicated Cloud Services Engineer who excels in a fast-paced environment. As a Cloud Services Engineer, you'll be an important member of the Cloud Team which builds the Firemonkey's back-end game services.
- Maintain and evolve scalable server systems to support popular game titles
- Ensure high quality of network play experience and maximise availability
- Review and provide constructive feedback for code reviews
- Provide mentorship/guidance to game team engineers using the server framework
- Work under the direction from the Technical Director on your project
- Work within a small, motivated team and communicating within that team as well as outwardly with game teams
- Support production infrastructure through a rostered on-call rotation
For us, making games is about pursuing what we love and having fun doing it. As we continue to shape the future of the mobile gaming industry, our studio and team have grown exponentially.
We are looking for people who want to be pushed, who want to bring the next generation of exciting, engaging games to our players.
We are looking for emotionally intelligent people with propensity for learning.
- You have solid experience with developing and troubleshooting highly concurrent server software in any mainstream language; prior experience with doing so in Golang an advantage
- Acquaintance with modern cloud service operating environments (Kubernetes/Helm/Docker)
- Collaborative, team-focused mindset
- Familiarity with Linux system programming and administration
- Database (SQL/NoSQL) experience
- Networking skill set
- Experience building scalable, secure, and reliable production environments
- CI/CD, an 'automate everything' approach
- 5+ years experience with Amazon Web Services or other major cloud provider
- 5+ years of experience supporting high-volume, 24/7 important environments
- Participate in an on-call roster
- Experience with the principles and implementation of infrastructure as code / immutable infrastructure
- Performance analysis and tuning of production systems by metrics collection and dashboards (Prometheus/Grafana)
What’s in it for you?
We want EA to be the ultimate destination to make great content and experiences. Everything we’re doing here is about creating a culture, environment, and company where you can do the best work of your career – so there’s that. There’s also:
- A health allowance, to cover the cost of private health insurance for you and your family
- Life and salary continuance insurance
- An employee assistance program, including coaching and therapy sessions to support your wellbeing
- An inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers
- 17.5% annual leave loading – yes, we’ll pay you extra to take a break!
- Bonus end of year leave days – time off between Christmas and New Years, no annual leave necessary
- Volunteer leave and charitable donation matching
- A fitness reimbursement program – $$ to go towards your fitness expenses (memberships and at home equipment)
- Free EA games, of course!
We also offer bonuses and exciting EA stock options, as well as access to employee stock purchase program.
When it comes to flexibility - we're hybrid forward, so you'll have the opportunity to structure the way you work, to suit the way you work.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.