Cloud Security Architect
Irvine California 92618 United States of America
5 days ago
Job Title:Cloud Security Architect
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and motivated Cloud Security Architect to join its ranks in Irvine, CA. The ideal candidate has a strong background in designing and operating medium to large enterprises with a strong affinity for Cloud and Linux Enterprise Security. As a member of the Security Architecture Team you will work closely with the IT department and many of its customers; helping them get the most out of our Enterprise Cloud Environments and will be constantly on the look-out for potential improvements to the user experience and productivity.
- Design, architect, and implement defensive security controls for Google GCP, Amazon AWS, and container orchestration systems like Kubernetes.
- You will be the Subject Matter Expert on our public cloud environments with a heavy emphasis on Cloud IAM, Network Security, Network Policies and Orchestration technologies.
- Maintain engineering and security documentation; provide training and awareness to employees at all opportunities. Research and recommend innovative and automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Identify approaches that leverage our resources and function at scale with an eye on Security and Stability.
- Considerable experience with Linux-based architectures and security design. Able to adequately explain complex topics to a technical audience on a wide range of subjects.
- Scripting and automation proficiency (e.g., PowerShell, Bash, Docker, Terraform, HashiCorp Stack, Kubernetes, etc.) and able to understand and implement Infrastructure as Code concepts.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience within an engineering focused role in a medium to large scale enterprise.
- Advanced knowledge of Linux Platform as a Service and it is challenges in an enterprise.
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration/Continuous Development Pipelines.
- Cloud Architect or equivalent technology certifications from a major vendor.
- Experience with Google GCP and Amazon AWS.
- Passion for video games and most importantly, safeguarding them!
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences… ever. Join us!