Cloud Network Specialist – SRE
14 days ago
The job offer is within Ubisoft IT, and more exactly within the Hybrid Cloud Networking team. This new team aims to cloudify network services, with its main mission being to make life easier for our internal IT partners when they consume network services.
As a Cloud Network Specialist - SRE, you will be responsible for developing, installing, and operating network services to facilitate infrastructure consumption in a multi-cloud environment, on premises or in the public cloud. Automation is key to the success of the products, so you'll be involved in an environment with technologies such as OpenStack, Kubernetes, Python, Go, Terraform, AWS, GitLabCI.
Key responsibilities related to the mission include:
- Understand needs, help design and operate network services such as Load Balancing Services, Firewall Services, DNS services;
- Ensure that all services are compatible with a multi-cloud environment, both on-premises or in the public cloud;
- Be the infrastructure expert within a DevOps team;
- Work alongside internal partners from the private or public cloud, servers and storage teams to develop high performance solutions;
- Help product owners define the technical roadmap to fulfill partner’s needs.
- Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban), DevOps oriented, Infrastructure as Code;
- Knowledge of networking, load balancing or firewalling technologies;
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure, public (AWS, GCP, Azure) or on-prem (OpenStack);
- Knowledge of Python, Go;
- Knowledge of automation (Ansible, Puppet, Terraform, Pulumi);
- Knowledge of CI/CD, pipelines (Gitlab);
- Bilingual French and English is required both orally and written.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.