This job might no longer be available.
11 days ago
EA was founded over 25 years ago by individuals with a deep passion for making games. Many things have changed over the years as the gaming industry—and the company—has expanded immensely, but we are still driven by the same passion for developing, publishing, and distributing the world’s best games. Our history has been one of great success, and our future looks even brighter. Fueled by our talented staff at locations across the Globe we are united in our passion to continue shaping the future of interactive entertainment. Together we can make a difference.
The challenge ahead
We are seeking a self-motivated Cloud Engineer responsible for the fabric that connects our services together. The ideal candidate has experience in compute, networking, security, storage in hybrid clouds and application deployment and migration pipelines for VMs, containers. This is a hands-on coding, troubleshooting position. We are looking for someone who can build custom systems from the ground up or make code modifications to existing systems like Kubernetes. The candidate will be involved in delivering best-in-class tools, technologies and IT services that directly support and contribute to the Game Development Lifecycle, Employee Experience, Company Operations and Security teams across EA.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in managing Linux based infrastructure ( RHEL or CentOS)
- Knowledge and experience in one or more scripting languages, such as Python, Shell Script (bash/ksh), etc.
- Basic networking knowledge ( DHCP, DNS, Firewall, Load Balancer )
- Familiar with the concepts of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Write clear documentation for new and existing processes
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good verbal and written English
- Experience working with tools like Jenkins or GitLab CI/CD
- Familiarity with version control systems (Perforce, Git)
- Working Knowledge of any cloud provisioning platform ( AWS Preferred )
- Working knowledge of Configuration Management solutions ( Chef, Ansible )
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes and Docker