This job might no longer be available.
Cloud Engineer, Central Tech
25 days ago
The Cloud Engineer will be a member of Zynga’s Infrastructure vertical, in a team responsible for maintaining Zynga’s Cloud Infrastructure, SaaS products used across Zynga Studios. We specialize in propagating standard methodologies across all backend engineering teams. Our team collaborates closely with every major mobile studio at Zynga!
- We prototype and test new in-house & vendor-supplied tools, managed-services, deployment and application frameworks. Consult on their relative feature sets, performance and applicability to various product teams.
- Cloud Engineering members build, document, maintain, and support tools that can be used across the company for infrastructure-related tasks and tech modernization.
- We partner with other business units to convert manual business workflows and requirements into application code.
- Our team works with studio partners to upgrade their code for updated OS and application stacks.
- The entire team participates in crafting playbooks and helping other studios during on-call.
- We administer roles, policies and network resources in a multi-account/cloud environment. Tier one support for related change requests.
- We assist other teams in vetting application development standard methodologies and security guidelines.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- We are looking for fresh perspectives and eager candidates to grow within our team. A BS/CS, 1-2 years in a professional Developer / Operations / Administration role or equivalent experience would be an excellent fit.
- Experience working on Linux VMs and Containers hosted in Cloud providers is a plus!
- Have experience coding infrastructure orchestration tools like Puppet, Chef, Terraform, and Cloudformation? We love that.
- Desired experience automating processes via command line tools like AWS CLI to replace GUI operations.
- Desired experience working in small teams / startup environments.
- Candidates practiced in software development processes are highly valued.
- Must have experience working within a commercial cloud environment such as AWS or relevant Cloud Certifications.
- Must have practical experience with Enterprise Linux environments, development, deployment, maintenance, monitoring, debugging, and orchestration patterns.
- Must have strong English written and verbal skills. You are encouraged to engage with customers over video conferencing, ticketing systems, and chat.
- You thrive writing clear procedural instructions (Runbooks), conceptual overviews (Architecture), and implementation guides.
- You provide phenomenal customer service and can communicate appropriately with different roles in a company (team members, vs customer engineers and customer producers, etc.).
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Competitive salary, bonus plan and ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- 401K Company Match Contribution (US)
- RRSP/DPSP company match contribution (Canada)
- Health coverage, dental, disability, critical illness, EAP, and life insurance (Canada)
- Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits (US)
- Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
- Global Fitness reimbursement program
- Global Wellbeing Program
- Financial wellness program with unlimited access to certified financial planners
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Family planning support program
- Generous paid parental, pregnancy-related disability, caregiver, and compassionate leaves
- Subsidized Back-up child care
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily player
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at AccommodationRequest@zynga.com to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.