Cloud DevOps Programmer
14 days ago
As a Cloud DevOps Programmer you will lead a team of Software Engineers that specialize in Cloud Infrastructure and Security, following principles of DevOps/SRE for reliability and scalability. You will report to the Technical Director and your team will partner with internal organizations for delivering and maintaining complex data products using a variety of products and technologies.
- Lead in the technical design and implementation of scalable automation solutions for testing, deployment and monitoring data products and systems.
- Work towards operational excellence by identifying opportunities to automate away manual processes.
- Produce technical designs with hands-on development of cloud-native data solutions, with a focus on continuous improvement in delivery standards; understanding and contributing from design through to code level
- Partner with Technical Director and Data Solutions Architect to understand requirements, evaluate options, develop roadmaps and ensure needs are addressed in a complex, multi-partner environment
- Manage and mentor cloud engineers in the techniques and craft of building scalable and supportable cloud infrastructure
- Manage Build infrastructure, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery Pipelines with tools like Gitlab (CI/CD) and monitoring tools like Datadog.
- Implement Test Automation, including data quality monitoring and testing frameworks at scale
- Enhance current automation tools and introduce automation to replace manual processes
- Assess and enhance application security through DevSecOps practices
- Write applications to monitor service health, perform log analysis, and automate recovery
- Create designs for improvements or additions to the cloud infrastructure stack and communicate those designs both to team leads and engineers
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Well-versed in DevOps principles & practices with a minimum of 9 years of related experience.
- DevOps tool-chain integration experience: Release Orchestration & Automation, Source Code & Build Management, Code Quality & Security Management, Test-driven Development, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Deployment (with Infrastructure-as-Code and Configuration-as-Code) and Operational Monitoring
- Well-versed in either AWS, Azure or Google Cloud and must demonstrate advanced knowledge in at least FIVE (5) services offered under the categories: Compute or Storage, Database, Networking & Content Delivery & Governance, Analytics, Security, Identity, and Compliance (OR) equivalent Cloud Platform experience.
- Expertise with containerized technologies and container orchestration frameworks, for example Docker and Kubernetes, and their offerings on AWS, Google Cloud Platform, and Azure
- You have experience with containerized CI/CD pipelines, and creating reproducible builds from development to production
- Programming experience in either Python, Java. C# or Scala
- Experience using and configuring systems like Gitlab, Jenkins, Buildkite, Spinnaker, or other CI/CD tools
- Experience optimizing cloud-native solutions and architectures
- Experience in the physical and logical design of network architecture for cloud, including network security architecture, load-balancing, DR failover, and performance tuning