This job might no longer be available.
Cloud Data Intern
San Francisco, CA, United States
10 months ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This internship is for Summer 2020.
Cloud Data Intern
San Francisco, CA
- The Cloud Data group runs data infrastructure in the PlayStation Network cloud. You will improve the automation we use to handle common operational tasks. You will build and develop new and innovative ways to make the back-end data run more smoothly across the PSN. You will touch many different systems in the AWS cloud, including the NoSQL database technologies themselves, authorization and authentication systems, deployment technologies such as CloudFormation and Chef, and the "connective tissue" of infrastructure such as distributed messaging queues, AWS lambda functions, and Kubernetes.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science (or related field), and/or within 1 year of their post-graduation date
- We write our tools mostly in Golang, though there's plenty of Ruby and some Python as well. Application teams we talk to usually write in Java
- Real passion for infrastructure and the plumbing behind applications
- Knowledge of databases and experience with NoSQL-style document stores is helpful
- Experience with collaborative workspaces like GitHub
- Knowledge of Linux and the typical command line tools found on a Linux system
- General knowledge of AWS core services (EC2, VPC, Subnets, and Security Groups)
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.