16 days ago
Who We Are:
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What We Need:
You are passionate about Architecture and the Cloud. You’re a problem solver and proactive solutions architect, looking to expand your career by architecting and optimizing large-scale Production and Enterprise environments in the Cloud for gaming customers. Bringing expert level experience in complex environments and are excited to apply innovative solutions to provide the best Cloud capabilities to our employees and fans around the world!
What You Will Do:
As a Cloud Architect within 2K’s Architecture team, you will architect and design 2K’s Cloud infrastructure to be highly available, exceptionally performant, and adaptive to our evolving needs. You will work with leading development teams in the gaming industry to gather requirements and develop solutions in the Cloud, follow sound architectural principles being cognizant of security and other key foundational elements as you build solutions. This is an opportunity to enhance your career in a critical role supporting one of the largest and most successful game franchises in the world.
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit:
- 7+ years of Cloud design and architecture experience, working with the major providers including AWS, GCP, and Azure.
- Experience architecting and designing large-scale Production and Enterprise environments.
- Experience with hybrid environments that include on-prem and cloud computing resources, and scaling into the cloud dynamically.
- Ability to translate architectural and engineering concepts to various technical and non-technical partners. Ability to structure and transition operational duties to SRE team.
- Familiar with security best practices – defining roles, access lists, and integrating with IdP systems.
- Strong experience with Cloud optimization and cost analyses
- Experience and familiarity with container orchestration platforms and microservices
- Proven experience with configuration management and infrastructure as a code to automate deployment - Puppet, Terraform, and CloudFormation.
- Experience with build tools, CI/CD, DevOps and agile principles
- Excellent communication and written skills – ability to generate clear architectural documentation and diagrams.
- Software development experience (Python or similar).
- Working knowledge of SQL and NoSQL, and related data stores.
- Advanced knowledge of networking principles in the cloud.
- Experience negotiating Enterprise Agreements
- Understanding of various storage platforms and protocols
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.