Montreal QC ca
12 days ago
The Cloud Administrator is responsible for the health and operations of our virtualization & Cloud platforms, with a main focus on operational activities, proactive capacity management and event monitoring.
He will also contribute to the execution of various projects and will act as a second level support for the platforms (including 7/24 pager support).
The main and routine tasks of this position are to:
- Care for the Ubisoft Private Cloud platforms with an emphasis on security, using documented, automated installation and support procedures;
- Conduct virtual infrastructure capacity forecast and health assessments;
- Improve resource allocation on the virtual platform by proposing various usage optimizations;
- Monitor system events to ensure health, maximum system availability and service quality;
- Perform system & application patching and upgrade of equipment firmware;
- Maintain documentation regarding configurations, operations and troubleshooting procedures related to the Cloud platforms;
- Participate in the definition of standards, guidelines, best practices and metrics as directed;
- Assist in evaluating new requirements, technical design and standards;
- Answer user’s query and service requests;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
- A baccalaureate Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in management of a virtualization and/or 3+ years’ experience in Microsoft system administration/DevOps.
- Oral and Written Comprehension of English
- Skill in developing techniques and methodologies to resolve unprecedented problems or situations
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Ability to make complex information accessible
- Must be a self-starter that requires only limited supervision/guidance.
- Candidate must present with honesty, integrity and maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Be a team player
- Have good interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Expertise of virtualization, storage and networking technology
- Expertise in Windows Server / Active Directory
- In-depth knowledge of Linux system administration
- In-depth understanding of Public Cloud providers like Amazon AWS, Azure
- In-depth understanding of Configuration Management systems like Chef & Puppet & Ansible is an asset
- Knowledge about upcoming technologies like containers or distributed storage systems an asset
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Ubisoft Montreal, an industry leading developer of video games, located in the heart of Montreal’s Mile-End, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises.