Cloud Administrator / DevOps
14 days ago
As a Cloud Administrator, you will join a team responsible for the standardization, design and processes related to Ubisoft’s entire cloud infrastructure, including video game production. This includes both monitoring, through audits, as well as more direct events and standards such as account lifecycle, service interconnectivity and basic architectures for all cloud users.
You will work with a DevOps approach, where you will be involved in the implementation of our tools to ensure the robustness of our cloud infrastructure, as well as providing support to project teams.
- Ensure the proper functioning of the public cloud platforms used by Ubisoft, with an emphasis on security and the use of documented and automated installation and support procedures;
- Manage multiple clouds, accounts and services through automation and scripting;
- Forecast infrastructure capacity, optimize resource allocation and monitor infrastructure to ensure service availability;
- Speed up systems and applications (patches) and update firmware;
- Maintain documentation of configurations, operations and failure procedures for cloud computing platforms;
- Participate in the definition of standards, guidelines, best practices and parameters as required;
- Respond to user queries and service requests.
Education and relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in computer systems, computer science or a related field;
- Minimum 3 years experience in systems administration or cloud.
Skills and Knowledge
- Experience with cloud computing environments with AWS, Azure Google and/or Openstack;
- Excellent ability to automate with languages such as Python or Go;
- Experience in the maintenance of distributed systems and web services;
- Experience in orchestration, containerization and automation tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Saltstack, Docker, Kubernetes;
- Familiarity with development environments and tools such as GIT, CI/CD;
- Ability to develop techniques and methodologies to solve unprecedented problems and situations;
- Good interpersonal communication skills and oral and written comprehension of English and French.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different e xperiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.