Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We develop and deliver games, content and online services across platforms. We have a broad portfolio of brands that span the most popular genres. We exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow our employees to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. You will report into a studio Development Director and be directed by game Technical Director.
What's in it for you?
Glad you asked! At Maxis, we excel at outrageous thinking. It's the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We're trailblazers and great storytellers. But it's not just about amazing your peers – it's about amazing yourself and our fans. Take risks. Work with dazzling minds and dare to dream big. Together, we can change the way millions play every day. The Sims 4 has an extremely unique player base, with 60% of our audience being women between the ages of 18-24.
- Work with Maxis and EA Central Tech, Microsoft, Sony, Apple to integrate their systems and tools into The Sims 4 game engine, development environment and workflow
- Collaborate with game team technical directors and engineers to implement game features on different platforms
- Improve game performance by taking advantage of platform specific capabilities
- Partner with release team to build and deploy games on all supported platforms
- Strong C/C++ skills with 3+ years of experience
- Experience integrating complex SDKs into large engines with multiple external dependencies on multiple platforms
- Experience with large code bases and optimizing code and data to improve memory usage and execution speed
- Experience using static and performance analysis tools, automated testing, unit testing
- Experience working with consoles (Sony, Microsoft)
- A passion for making and playing games
- Shipped at least one AAA title on multiple platforms
- Bachelor's Degree in CS/Math or higher (or equivalent work experience)
- Experience working with PC/Mac digital platforms (Origin, Steam, Epic Store, Apple)
- Experience working with Mobile platforms and portable consoles (Nintendo, iOS, Android)
- Comfortable with Windows, Perforce, Visual Studio, XCode, Python
- Experience with graphics libraries (DirectX/OpenGL/Metal).
- An understanding of geometry, linear algebra, calculus, and physics as they pertain to transformations and motions in 3D space.
- Passion for quality game delivery
- Prior experience with JIRA, Confluence and Miro