Client Software Engineer - UFC Mobile
8 days ago
The EA FUEL team is founded on passion, innovation and creativity with a mission to deliver immersive sports gaming experiences built for mobile devices and played by over 450 million gamers around the world. With teams located in Vancouver, Orlando, and Bucharest, EA FUEL is powered by global talent and seeking bright , passionate and creative new team members to design the future of mobile gaming.
- You will utilize your strong client technical knowledge, building new features, enhancing existing ones and troubleshooting issues in the live game
- You will collaborate with Producers, Designers and other Engineers to design, implement and deliver dynamic live services
- You will participate in all phases of software development life cycle and help maintain high quality standards throughout. Your ability to develop user facing systems will help ensure an immersive and enjoyable experience for our mobile gamers
- You will participate in the technical design and implementation of user facing features and maintain a high quality standard throughout the software development cycle.
- You will participate in the planning process providing input into design, estimates and scheduling.
- You will investigate and resolve issues during QA testing, pre production, production and from the live environment.
- You will interact with the other studio game teams on software integrations, and the Build and Operations team on releases and deployment of feature updates.
- You will collaborate with 3rd party companies on software solutions
- You will work with Server and Client Engineers to define , hook up and test end-to-end functionality
- You will collaborate and contribute within small to medium team of designers, artists and engineers both locally and remotely
- You will design, maintain , implement, test and debug code
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent training and professional experience .
- Hands on coding (C++); requirements gathering and designing new tech
- Ability to understand and work with 3rd party software APIs
- Ability to design, architect and document technical designs for Online multiplayer Game Modes systems
- Experience creating tools, features and engine components
- Profiling and optimizing software components of a game
- Ability to improve process and best practices to achieve targets
- Work with a proprietary engine to develop stable, scalable, efficient and shareable code
- Strong experience with Client/Server and multithreaded architectures
- Knowledge of networking protocols
- Excellent detail-oriented , problem solving skills – must be able to quickly identify issues and resolve them
- Strong understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
- Knowledge of hardware setup, package deployment and patching procedures
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices and methodologies (Scrum, XP, Lean , etc ).
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and communicate status
- Ability to tackle problems regardless of domain
- Experience with source code management such as Git or Perforce.