Client Software Engineer - SIMS
21 days ago
Welcome to Maxis, home to tinkerers, craftspeople, and storytellers. Our drive is to inspire everyone to make a better world through creative play. As the developer of the Sims, we create games and experiences for millions of people around the world and are always looking for new ways to inspire our players. Maxis is a place where you can do what you love and help others grow while doing it; a place where your unique voice can be heard and seen. We put creativity and inclusivity at the core of our work and don't settle for seeing the world only as it is, but aim to build a world as it could be. Read on to see how you can join our team and dream big.
You will report to a Development Manager. As a Client Software Engineer on The Sims, you will work on our client systems within the game. The work will range from rapid prototyping to production development. Most of the work will be done in C++.
- Use C++ to implement client features and systems.
- Extend existing client systems and create new ones.
- Work with designers, producers, content creators and other engineers to develop game features.
- Write technical design documents detailing software requirements.
- Write code with performance and memory usage in mind.
- Debug code to document and fix bugs.
- You can cater your messaging based on audience and with diverse teams.
Qualifications: Please note that you do not need to qualify for all requirements to be considered. We encourage you to apply if you can meet most of the requirements and are comfortable opening a dialog to be considered.
- Bachelor'/Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years experience in a hands-on development role.
- Working knowledge of modern C++.
- Experience implementing complex game subsystems.
- Experience with graphics libraries (DirectX'/OpenGL'/Metal) suggested. • An understanding of geometry, linear algebra, calculus, and physics as they pertain to transformations and motions in 3D space.
- Desktop development experience.
- Experience with Windows platform and development tools (e.g. Visual Studio or other programming IDEs).
- Skills debugging complex applications.
- Experience optimizing existing game code to be more performant.
- Mac development experience.
- Console development experience.
- Knowledge of Python, C#, or familiarity with WPF.
- Demonstrate experience working in large data-driven games or applications.
- Experience developing for large-scale live products.
- Experience using static and performance analysis tools, automated testing, unit testing, and configuration management processes.
- Familiarity with The Sims games on PC'/Mac'/consoles
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.