This job might no longer be available.
San Francisco, CA
7 months ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Position
The Client Platform team is a hybrid software/systems group that ensures Twitch’s employees have the systems they need to be highly productive. The team works cross-functionally with every business unit to provide solutions to a wide variety of business needs. To be successful, engineers require a comprehensive understanding of a wide range of operating systems, automation technologies, and coding combined with the capability to leverage them to create unique and innovative solutions. If you are a candidate that has broad skills across multiple operating systems and thrive on the ability to develop leading-edge innovative solutions to business needs, then you may be the ideal person for this position.
- Manage and administer a mixed platform client system environment (Windows, macOS, Ubuntu, etc).
- Administer client system management tools (i.e. Chef, Puppet, Ansible).
- Maintain client hardware standards including client configuration and test bleeding edge technology.
- Administer enterprise software including deployment and package management (i.e. Munki, Chocolatey)
- Diagnose and investigate unique and complex systemic problems.
- Write code / cookbooks that automate application and settings distribution using internal tools.
- Partner with information security, corporate network, field teams and other related groups to ensure a balance of global fleet health employee satisfaction.
- Partner with multiple teams to prioritize and balance work in terms of requests, engineering and operations.
- Work as the escalation point between various support teams for issues on the IT client platform.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years experience supporting a 2,000+ unit fleet in an environment containing Windows, Mac, and Linux
- 3+ years experience managing a client fleet using automated management such as one of the following: Chef, Munki, Puppet, Chocolatey.
- 3+ years experience leading code reviews using standard development and code repository tooling such as GIT, SVN, Mercurial.
- Demonstrated experience with the following technologies: Active Directory, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Command Line System Management.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.