27 days ago
Reporting to Head of Client Services, a Client Lead at ustwo is responsible for our fruitful client relationships and helps us build industry-wide relationships in order to grow the business in a sustainable way. It is a lead role, with responsibilities across both existing clients and new business.
Day to day, you’ll be proactively managing existing client relationships as well as bringing in new clients, and meeting and engaging with the product, design, technology and larger business community in London, Malmö and New York. You’ll be instrumental in crafting well-considered responses to the needs of the brands, businesses and product teams who want to engage us, ultimately helping them understand how ustwo can support them and deliver value.
- Build and nurture a client portfolio. We expect each Client Lead to run an impactful, profitable portfolio of around £3 million in revenue, centred around one sustainable pillar client (over £1.5 million) and other complementary project clients, ideally with potential to grow beyond the initial project engagement. Portfolios can be built around the Client Lead’s passion areas, sector expertise or skill sets, and must contribute to the studio OKRs.
- Create and deliver an account strategy for the pillar account. The Client Lead works closely with clients to understand their objectives in order to drive them forward and deliver value.
- Pitch, win and grow client relationships and proactively engage with prospective clients. There is a focus on converting new business opportunities into active work for the studio. The Client Lead will be supported by the Head of Client Services in converting new leads and opportunities.
- Guide clients through the project lifecycle with ustwo with support from the Head of Client Services – pitching, contracting, onboarding, nurturing, growing and offboarding – ensuring a positive experience for both clients and the team.
- Actively participate in the studio programme of client feedback, ensuring critical and primary clients are surveyed and feedback is actioned.
- Proactively build a profile for ustwo in the marketplace by PR’ing new client work, creating case studies, forging introductions to prospective clients, attending networking events and creating and leveraging opportunities to build awareness of ustwo.
This role will be based in the London studio in Shoreditch at 154-158 Shoreditch High Street E1 6HU. We currently have a hybrid policy in which you are required to be in the studio on our universal day on Tuesdays and one other day (flex on Wed or Thursday. You are welcome to either work from the studio or from home for the rest of the week. We are keen for you to be involved in studio culture so the more you can get involved in opportunities for in-person social interaction; the better!
Team Contribution and Impact
Our Client Leads are critical members of the BD team (alongside growth and marketing), and should strive to collaborate, share knowledge and contribute to the success of the wider team.
- Engage the studio in understanding what brands and industries excite them, and educate them as to how they can support business growth at ustwo.
- Meaningfully contribute to forecasting as part of the wider team. Client Leadsunderstand the commercial impact of their portfolio and should seek to ensure studio profitability and stability for the medium/long term for accounts.
- Be mindful of the wider impact of their portfolio on our clients business, their consumers and the wider world. We should always strive to measure and track this impact, providing quantifiable value and upholding our goals as a B Corp.
You must have:
- Experience working in an agency environment. (This role would be equivalent to Senior Account Manager / Account Director.)
- A love of seeking out new relationships and new business opportunities, and a demonstrated ability to convert these leads into billable work.
- Strong passion for tech, digital design and the product design industry.
- Strong interpersonal skills. You’re comfortable working alongside technical directors, salespeople, designers and CEOs alike, and you have the gravitas and influence to deal with senior stakeholders within ustwo.
- A true passion for what we’re building and the services we provide for our customers.
- An interest in solving big business challenges.
- The ability to navigate the financial aspects of client work and projects. You know your way around a spreadsheet and thrive on the data and detail.
You are a collaborative and transparent team player who is not afraid to speak their mind, and is clear, considered and fair when voicing your opinions. Motivated, self-driven and curious, you never stop learning. You challenge the way things are done, look for solutions and take the initiative to change and improve things.
You will uphold, maintain, encourage and live the ustwo values in your day-to-day work and actions.
London salary banding £63k - £84k dependant on experience. Our full benefits package is available to all permanent employees, please see further details here.
Interested but think your experience doesn’t perfectly align with this job description? That’s ok. Research shows underrepresented groups in particular are less inclined to apply for jobs where they don’t meet 100% of the requirements listed. We’d still love to hear from you if you feel passionate about this role! We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our colleagues, clients, community, and the users of our products. We don’t have all the answers but we’re on a journey, and we are learning together.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
ustwo combines expertise in product and service development, ventures and gaming to make a meaningful impact on the challenges companies and individuals face in contemporary culture.
Over the years, we have been carving out a reputation in the space between digital product development and new experience design.
Our deep product development knowledge, our design heritage and our leadership at the edges of technology and culture, means we are capable of providing fresh creative and strategic direction on genuinely new experiences, as well as deep technical expertise on implementation - never disconnecting strategy from implementation.
This combination of capabilities is rare and valuable, particularly in a market that’s seeing ever-increasing convergence of entertainment, gaming, content, commerce, and platforms.