Client Engineer (Unity) Co-op (Fall '22)
15 days ago
We Exist to Inspire the World to Play
Glu Mobile is now part of the Electronic Arts family. The combination of our accomplished teams at Glu and EA position us as a leader in the largest gaming category in the world. We are forming a powerful growth engine that will expand our current games and provide more amazing new experiences across sports, lifestyle, mid-core, and casual for players everywhere. We also have a robust co-op program to support you during your work term.
You will work on the genre defining mobile game Design Home. Members of the team are based in San Francisco and Toronto. We understand that it takes passionate people to make great games and maintain a culture of collaboration. Working on Design Home will provide you with the challenges and the support to grow as a game developer.
Due to COVID-19 the studios may not be fully open at the start of the work term. The term may be partly if not completely remote (working from home) depending on how the situation evolves.
As a co-op student, you will not be isolated from the team to work alone on a throwaway side project. You will be working alongside a team of dedicated software engineers, designers and artists to deliver new experiences directly into the hands of our players. Through the work term, you will gain experience on what it takes to operate a top tier mobile game. You will succeed in this role if you are someone that is motivated to learn but also to execute and innovate. We will adapt the role somewhat based on the strengths of the student.
- You will code and directly collaborate with engineers, artists, and designers on game client systems and features.
- Learn and follow our team's best coding practices and procedures.
- You will participate in sprint planning, task estimation, and code reviews.
- You will receive direct mentorship and support to facilitate your professional growth.
Your skills and experience include:
- Third year or above Computer Science major.
- Solid programming fundamentals.
- Familiarity with Unity and C#, and the desire to gain proficiency in it.
- Experience with Git or SVN version control.
- Experience with Visual Studio Code or VS Community IDEs.
- The ability to be productive both collaboratively and individually.
- A basic understanding of Unity web request networking.
- Experience with asset bundles in Unity.
- Experience working on Macs.
- Experience building Unity apps to Android or iOS devices.
- Exposure to basic performance profiling and optimization in Unity.
- An appreciation of video games and a desire to build them.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Must be available for a Full-time (40 hours / week) Co-op that will run from September - Mid December.
- Candidates must graduate no earlier than December 2022.