This job might no longer be available.
Client Engineer - Unity - C#
8 months ago
Scopely’s engineering team is rapidly growing and we’re looking for a Client Engineer experienced with Unity, C# and/or C++! Our engineers have a huge passion for games and technology, and have worked at some of the top tech and entertainment companies in the world.
As a Client Engineer at Scopely you would be working on a small team of engineers in planning and implementing feature development for top mobile games in the iOS and Android app store. This is a challenging role for someone who enjoys solving complex scalability problems in a 100M+ user environment. This Client Engineer will have a strong computer science background, production engineering experience in C# and/or C++ and experience in agile teams.
What you will do
- Ship production grade mobile games used by millions of gamers
- Implement game mechanics and system processes using Unity, C# and/or C++
- Provide exceptional leadership for a small team of client and server engineers
- Collaborate and communicate with cross-functional departments including: game design, product management, marketing, etc.
What you will need
- Strong programming with C# and or C++
- Strong understand of computer science fundamentals
- Experience with game engines, preferably with Unity but not required
- Solid understanding of mobile networking best practices: request limiting, request caching, batching, content aggregation, minification, integrating with rest and TCP/UDP services, etc.
- Experience with asynchronous, multi-threaded, parallel programming paradigms and other techniques to maximize UI responsiveness
- Experience with APIs
- Experience with NGUI is a plus