Class of 2020: Global Tax Summer Intern
New York, New York, United States
4 days ago
INTERNSHIP PROGRAM OVERVIEW
The Take-Two Interactive Internship Program is designed with the intent that students walk away with meaningful learning experiences that enhance both their personal and professional development goals. T2's Internship Program also serves as a gateway to building a talent pool of rising stars for permanent roles.
Our interns gain substantive, first-hand business insight while building upon professional skills. Interns will gain hands-on exposure in the area(s) of their desired interests as well as participate in team-based summer-long projects.
- Paid Internship Program in the heart of New York City
- Hands on exposure to areas of interest
- Regularly-scheduled seminars and learning opportunities
- Executive luncheons with our leadership team and CEO
- Networking, volunteer and social events
Interns are expected to be available from May 26th - August 7th in order to participate in all programming and activities.
The position will be multi-disciplinary with a focus on assisting with income tax compliance, sales and use tax and property tax filings. This position will report to one of two managers in the tax department and will work closely with our corporate finance team.
During your internship at Take-Two, you will be exposed to tax procedures, including corporate and indirect tax return preparation, which will involve tax research, tax planning, and the preparation of supporting work papers. You will have an opportunity to work alongside senior-level finance and tax professionals. Additionally, you will have an opportunity to learn new skill sets, be involved in office and community activities, and build lasting relationships with members of the Take-Two Finance team.
Your internship will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Learning the Take-Two corporate culture
- Enhancing your presentation and organizational skills
- Advancing your Excel skills
- Networking with your peers
- Meeting with your mentor for regular feedback and professional development discussions
- Connecting with fellow interns and Take-Two employees at social events
- Participating in team-building exercises
What You’ll Do:
- Assist with the preparation of tax calculations for the U.S. income tax return
- Assist with the calculation and filing of sales & use tax and property tax returns
- Update and monitor tax calendar
- Update legal entity listing and organizational charts
- Respond to inquiries from state and local taxing authorities
- Perform research on various tax issues for senior members of the team
- Perform other duties as assigned
Who We’re Looking For:
- Students currently studying at university with a major or concentration in accounting and some coursework focusing on tax
- Stellar students with a minimum overall or major GPA of 3.5 – resumes with no GPA listed will not be considered
- No previous internship experience is required and we are accepted students at all grade levels. Students in Master of Taxation program preferred, JD/Law Students are also welcome to apply.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, advanced Excel skills preferred
- Excellent analytical, communication (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a team environment